MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: the best free hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
want is the best free hosting.....

i want create a new forum

old forum has been suspended
cools.netne.net

because have chatbox file in hosting
can i put the chat box file on yhis hosting...

Most hosts don't like chatboxes being used on their servers since they create a lot of load. Free hosts are even more stricter for this kind of thing.
I use 000webhost, quick and powerful.
You get 100GB of bandwith per month, 1500MB disk space, FREE backups anytime you want, auto-backup every 30 days, FTP access, MySQL, PHP, MX Record (So you can setup admin@yourdomain with google aps, very rare in a free webhost) htaccess support, phpMyAdmin, Fantastico Autoinstaller, HotLink Protection, Cronjobs, Subdomain management, and a lot more.
http://000webhost.com/
000webhost is rubbish, don't go with them.
(2010-11-26, 03:00 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]000webhost is rubbish, don't go with them.
Explain...
I've been using them for 3 months with no problems at all.
i've been with byethost for 2 years. Very rare had downtimes.
(2010-11-26, 03:25 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]i've been with byethost for 2 years. Very rare had downtimes.
Byethost pretty much suspends on request without looking over anything.
I've been suspended on both Byethost AND 000webhost, but 000webhost realized they had made a mistake and unsuspended me, but Byethost never even responded to me.
Also, it's a disappointment that Byethost doesn't allow you to alter MX records like 000webhost does.
Byethost doesn't allow any email addresses unless you pay for their service.
000webhost isn't down much either, I've seen my MySQL server down for about 30 seconds, that's it.
I've seen it down for over a week on Byethost.
(2010-11-26, 03:01 PM)Cooldude170 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using them for 3 months with no problems at all.

The biggest issue with 000webhost is probably the restricted access.
You can't upload Themes, can you?

Wait, I could be wrong. I could be mixing it with another terrible free host.

But generally with any free host, even 000webhost, you still have limited Admin power. You don't get FTP or phpmyadmin access do you?
Pages: 1 2 3