MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wanted: Experienced MyBB Plugin Developers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mobile Sites is one of the most important things of the todays web technologys. That's not without a reason.
One of the main reasons content producers want to distribute their content on mobile phones is to increase the size of their audiences. Today's audiences consume content on their phones, and distributing content on mobiles is a way of letting an audience consume your content. If that is the primary motivation, content producers should focus on the mobile web over apps, without question.

There are more mobile phones today than the number of personal computers and televisions combined. In the United States there are over 250 million mobile subscribers. Worldwide mobile phone subscriptions are expected to reach four billion in 2010. That's billion with a "B."

The current adoption rate using a phone to access the mobile web is eight times faster than it was 10 years ago for PC users accessing the desktop web. Web access by people with mobile devices is projected to overtake those connecting from the desktop web by 2014.

Thus MyBB need very soon a good Mobile Web feature. But something is excellent as a plugin.

If I use my phone I want to read something or maybe go to Facebook, I'm not going to write novels. I will only submit short and simple messages and read messages from other people. For that I need simple functions. A small box for the answer, with no features such as bold letters. Then another button to save it. Thats it. Maybe some other functions like rating a thread and so on. Of course I want to read my PMs too!

That's what MyBB need! My and hopefully your aim is to realize this. Here is a preview of a mobile function as plugin of mybb:
[attachment=20593]

But developing a simplified copy of mybb is basicly how maybe many of you think! So I'm looking for experienced MyBB Plugin developers!
What I have to offer? Nothing, other than a copyright. I work as an SQA member for MyBB and make it completely voluntary. To me it's a pleasure to support a free and open source software! Whether through direct work in a team or through plugins, but you can also combine both! Wink

If you know the MyBB code, can develop in PHP and have the will to improve the world (or to develop a useful function Big Grin), then please contact me via PM. Toungue The duties of the job are easy to develop. My
How did someone on SQA not know about MyBBGM? lol
(2010-11-23, 09:43 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]How did someone on SQA not know about MyBBGM? lol

This.
*push it*
MyBBGM looks alot better then that.