MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Facebook Connect for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(2011-04-19, 06:38 PM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]anyways I resolved my issues, it is working fine with mine Big Grin

have a look : http://www.readersenclave.com/

wow... it is working now.. can you tell me how you did this.?
i am waiting Sleepy
Okay guys, I have successfully able to run FBConnect on my site, so thought helping you those who have Smile

1. First we have to test your webhost that it is capable of running it or not.
Download the following file.

[attachment=22389]

Open it in any text editor, enter your app id and secret key in define field. Upload it to your server and run the file. If you get both tests "PASS" then you can run FB Connect Smile

2. If you are getting Test2 fail, then run following file in similar manner.

[attachment=22390]

If this also fails, then contact your host and ask them to enable cURL and run the test again. If it is failed or your host is not ready to enable cURL, then you can't FBconnect to work !

3. For error :
{
   "error": {
      "type": "OAuthException",
      "message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not permitted by the application configuration."
   }
}

After app is created, go to it's page, "edit settings"
first tab is "about", click on second tab Website
now add your website and domain and you are done !
Can anyone upload the plugin please? the site is not working.

EDIT: just saw the attach, testing...
check few earlier posts...
the test 2 fails in both files...
so, i am just testing it on free hosting, a test forum.
will it be working on paid hosting?
Everything works good for me, i just want to lower the Facebook image a space or two. Just so it doesn't cross over the "login" or "register" buttons. Could you point me in the right direction to add a few spaces?

[Image: fb.jpg]

Also give me the code so i can place in other places like registration?

Thanks
@thruster - yes. it works on some free hosting which allows to run scripts. try X10 hosting.
(2011-04-22, 05:19 PM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]@thruster - yes. it works on some free hosting which allows to run scripts. try X10 hosting.

thank you so much.. i am gonna test it on x10 hosting..
you are welcome Big Grin
the x10hosting is not working in our country.. can you suggest me any other free hosting which has features like x10?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19