MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Facebook Connect for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
The Facebook login isn't showing up on my site. I put the fbcore folder, inc folder, and fbconnect file all in the my forum folder. Is that where the files are suppose to be put?

Also what is the FACEBOOK_APP_ID and FACEBOOK_SECRET for?
(2011-02-20, 12:53 AM)Ampd Wrote: [ -> ]The Facebook login isn't showing up on my site. I put the fbcore folder, inc folder, and fbconnect file all in the my forum folder. Is that where the files are suppose to be put?

For this plugin to work, you must register a Facebook app so that it can function properly. As for the 'FACEBOOK_APP_ID' and 'FACEBOOK_SECRET', you get these two items in the application settings. This is how you connect the app to the plugin.
(2011-02-20, 01:08 AM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-20, 12:53 AM)Ampd Wrote: [ -> ]The Facebook login isn't showing up on my site. I put the fbcore folder, inc folder, and fbconnect file all in the my forum folder. Is that where the files are suppose to be put?

For this plugin to work, you must register a Facebook app so that it can function properly. As for the 'FACEBOOK_APP_ID' and 'FACEBOOK_SECRET', you get these two items in the application settings. This is how you connect the app to the plugin.

Yea, doesn't work on all servers though. Found out as much. I've got three servers, and it only works on one. All three are similar specs, just the one has an older version of PHP. The two others have the latest version.
(2010-11-23, 05:24 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]May peace be upon you,
This plugin allows people to connect to MyBB with their Facebook Accounts. They can start posting ASAP when there account is created. They won't not have to go through the long registration process.

Existing users can also log in with Facebook. They no longer have to remember their password.

Features:
* People can register an account using Facebook
* They can choose a Username during registration
* Their emails are fetched during registration
* People whose Facebook Email matches a user in the database gets logged in automatically and their accounts are linked (configurable)
* Includes a language file for easy translation
* Plugin will not work if the language file is not up to date

Update: Version 1.4.0 released
Download:
http://mybbmodding.co.cc/forums/showthread.php?tid=180

Thank you for the helpful update and the useful information on installing Facebook connect with the forum
Hi,
What will happen if I would like to change the script for vbulletin in the future. What I mean is what about those users who registered with Facebook? How the will login later on different script?
Would this work on MyBB 1.6?
(2011-04-02, 02:35 PM)Assassin Wrote: [ -> ]Would this work on MyBB 1.6?

Yes.
This plugin not worked!
Hi there Smile
The link doesn't seem to work anymore? I am looking to implement FB and Twitter connect buttons for registering, and I would like to try out a couple of them. I would love to try this one before I paid for the other one, only to find out that this one served my needs for FB registering from the get-go!
Plus, while I think that people should definitely be paid for their work, I do not think that you should ever have to pay for a community-based plug-in.... meaning you use the community to test it, you advertise it on the community page, use the community's suggestions, etc... and then make them pay for it when it's done. In my opinion, the community had just as much to do with making it as the programmer.
But that's my opinion Wink

SO..... yeah, the link is broken lol
Well I did manage to find the zip file I downloaded. Here it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19