MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving to new installation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Morning,

My basic question: Is there an easy way to move my current users and there posts from one mybb 1.6 installation to a new mybb 1.6 installation.

When I set up my forum I did so at pddiesel.com/forums. This was initially a test, however I have had 10 of my classmates sign up and post around 40 times. I want to set my home directory to parastudent.com instead of pddiesel.com. For some reason this isn't as straightforward as I thought it would be. I want to be able to type in parastudent.com and be sent straight to the forums without using a redirect. If I try to set it up this way, my CSS gets all messed up. Would it be easier to do a new installation and start over? This is what I really want to do. If I do that how do I preserve my users and posts and import them into my new installation. Thanks.
To transfer users and Posts from one forum to another, you'll need to take a Backup of your forum and merge it to the other forum Using Merge System of MyBB: http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system
You don't need to use the merge system to change domain name.

Once your new domain is pointing at your site, you just need to update the board URL settings and cookie settings in ./inc/settings.php and then again in the ACP afterwards.