MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Preview Post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When adding a image to a post via the "Add Attachment" why does the image you have added not showing up in the post after you click on "Preview Post" button ?

Thanks
Because attachments are not dealt with until you submit the post.
(2010-11-24, 09:22 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Because attachments are not dealt with until you submit the post.

Thanks for the quick reply Matt!, Is there anyway around this, or a mod ? This is certainly something that would be quite useful.

Thanks
Dale
No, there is no plugin for it.
Thanks for the replys.
(2010-11-24, 09:22 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Because attachments are not dealt with until you submit the post.

Yes, I see this is the same here at the official support forum. Very odd.
Is this going to be fixed?
It's a strange issue which does not seem to be a problem for other forum software, so why does MyBB act differently for such a basic function? Is it just a bug? Is there a work-around?
Attachments are clearly accepted because they show in the list under the post editor, so they should be dealt with as soon as they are uploaded and listed.
No preview means that users will naturally assume there was a problem.
(2011-09-22, 11:30 PM)sledger Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, I see this is the same here at the official support forum. Very odd.
Is this going to be fixed?
It's a strange issue which does not seem to be a problem for other forum software, so why does MyBB act differently for such a basic function? Is it just a bug? Is there a work-around?
Attachments are clearly accepted because they show in the list under the post editor, so they should be dealt with as soon as they are uploaded and listed.
No preview means that users will naturally assume there was a problem.

What if I decide I don't want to submit the post? What if I change my mind? That would leave an orphaned attachment on the server.