MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default registration config
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had my first forum member sign up! Do they automatically get a sign-up email to click to confirm their membership? Or do I have to authorize it?

I ask because their status says, "(Account not Activated)".

Thanks,

Jon

(2010-11-24, 07:12 PM)Jon12345 Wrote: [ -> ]I have had my first forum member sign up! Do they automatically get a sign-up email to click to confirm their membership? Or do I have to authorize it?

I ask because their status says, "(Account not Activated)".

Thanks,

Jon
Congratulations!
To see what activation means you have set, go to Admin CP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options, and then you will be able to view your Registration Method.
Now, if it is set to Email Verification and you have set to use the PHP sendmail function, you will need to verify that your webhost allows it. (Or just register a new account and test to see if the email arrives)
If they DON'T ALLOW PHP SENDMAIL (Or if the email doesnt arrive), create a gmail account, then on there go to Settings and allow IMAP and SMTP access.
Then on your forums go to Admin CP > Configuration > Mail Settings and change it to SMTP mail.
For the SMTP server put smtp.gmail.com, and port 465. Then for username put [email protected] and your gmail password for the password, and turn on SSL Encryption.
Your users should now recieve an activation email if they didn't previously

I would presume you as the admin would have recieved a validation waiting alert, ?? check you member list??
"(Account not Activated)".

they have not clicked on the email validation link they were emailed. Could be a fake email address.
Thank you for your detailed help! Smile

I didn't have to check in the end because I had 2 other people signup.
It depends how you've set it up. By default it'll send an email to the email they used to sign up with - in their they click a link and validate. Smile