MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Group Promotions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im trying to set a User Group Promotions up but it keeps failing
I want to force users to post a introduction then get full acess of the forum...
Is there a plugin to do this instead as this is being a pain! :@
This is what i have now
Promotion Requirements:
Post Count

0  Greater Than   
also tried it with "1 greater than or equal to"

Original User Group:
New Users (custom set usergroup for new users, they are sent to this group successfully)

New User Group:
Registered

User Group Change Type:
Primary...

Enabled:
Yes

Enable Logging:
No
For posting thingy, use the following;
http://mods.mybb.com/view/must-post

And I think you need to alter "New User Group" value to promote users. Because new users are already in the "Registered Users" 's Group, they need to be promoted in a separate group.
The promotions aren't instant, and it'll only affect people who have logged in since the task was last run. Also make sure {$task_image} is in your footer template.

You do want them to go from Registered to New Users after the post, right?? Because that's what you're telling it to do.
Quote:it keeps failing

Can you give a more precise problem?

I've just done this same thing but with 50 posts instead of 1.
http://mcompute.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=547
Sorry i was rushing that post as i was late and wanted to write it before i left so i could get response...
I have added {$task_image} to the footer.

@Yaldaram
Ok thanks,

yes i know i have changed the default registration group.

That plugin doesn't work it gives the error when trying to post an introduction -.-
(2010-11-25, 05:47 AM)LowPriceBargains Wrote: [ -> ]I have added {$task_image} to the footer.

If that wasn't there, that's why the promotions wouldn't have been running.
(2010-11-25, 09:20 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-25, 05:47 AM)LowPriceBargains Wrote: [ -> ]I have added {$task_image} to the footer.

If that wasn't there, that's why the promotions wouldn't have been running.

Alright thanks i will see if its working again now.