MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Couple of problems with PMs and Administrators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had an administrator that had acces to FTP. But, the only thing is that he can read PMs with some kind of script. What should I do to forbid it. He also installed a mod... but I uninstalled it. He also edited some script to make his profile not editable by founder. What should I edit to manage that.
Remove his admin permissions might be a good idea Confused
I can't even with founder account. It says you can't administrate. I already wrote that.
In ./inc/config.php, find:
$config['super_admins'] = 

Make sure yours is the only UID listed there.
Thanks. That freak got banned, stab right in my back. Thanks again, I don't know how to thank you...

Is there anything I have to do not to give him premission to read PMs such as mySql because I can't change password 'cuz it's going to screw the forum.

Need help with that too.
You have to change the sql password or else he will continue to have access to your database and can basically do whatever he wants there.

Once you change the sql password, you'll have to change it in inc/config.php and nothing will get screwed up.

I'd also perform an audit of your users and their permissions for any users that might have admin permissions. Also check that there are no files that aren't part of mybb and verify the mybb files for any edits.
I have joomla on site too. How can I do it for it too?
if you know please respond. Thanks.

Nevermind... he doesn't know the pass for that. Silly me... lol.. thanks for everything guys, you're the best
There is a good reason why we should not allow anyone who is not a co-owner of the forum have such access.

I know of a forum that grew incredibly in new members and posting traffic.The 18 year old owner then got foolish and made someone a super administrator.Who soon afterword's kicked him out and took over the forum.

Why take the chance that someone will rip the forum away from you or destroy it?
There is very rarely a need to make anybody else a super admin, all it does is let them override the protection you currently have against being deleted.