MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Messages Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed Board Messages on a new forum. When I click on Board Messages to open its control panel, I get the following messages

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I have tried setting admin/index.php from 644 to chmod 777 but it does no good. Also, I have Board Messages working on a different forum, and its admin/index.php is set to 644.

The install instructions say

Quote:Remeber to setup your admin permissions once you activate the plugin. You'll need to grant yourself access to the new Board Messages section of the Configuration area in the acp.

At first I could not figure out what this means. But I went into the panel for administrative permissions and found where I have to turn on permissions for me to manage board messages. Which I did. Problem is, I still get the error message.
This problem is solved now. The plugin was triggering modsec. The host disabled it.