MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VIP membership with paid Paypal and AlertPay subscription plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I need a plugin that would do like described in title:
VIP membership with paid Paypal and AlertPay subscription.

In details:
A user would pay monthly / 3 months / 6 months or yearly subscription, with automatic renewal upon expiration if not canceled. After payment user is transfered to VIP usergroup from which he can access VIP forums (VIP content). After expiration he is automatically transferred to regular user group (or whatever group he was previously a member of).

There was one for 1.4. by labrocca but it only worked with Paypal.
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1613.html

Is anyone capable of creating such plugin (except labrocca)?
I am willing to support the creation of this plugin financially.

Please respond here or contact me directly on PM.

Thanks
Anyone?
Creating a Complete Marketplace with recurring payments will be my 1st project to MyBB community, but systems like this takes a lot of time, and I'm still learning / getting used to MyBB codes .. but yes in near future there will be a system that does that and more !
There is one plugin made by labrocca, although for myBB 1.4. but it can be useful for others maybe. I would like this plugin as soon as possible, that's why I'm ready to pay for it, I would like to have it it in January, February the latest.
labrocca's subscription plugin works fine on Skin City Designs running MyBB 1.6...
(2010-11-30, 08:24 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]labrocca's subscription plugin works fine on Skin City Designs running MyBB 1.6...

But that's not the point of the OP. OP wants to be for Alertpay etc.
(2010-11-30, 08:32 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-30, 08:24 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]labrocca's subscription plugin works fine on Skin City Designs running MyBB 1.6...

But that's not the point of the OP. OP wants to be for Alertpay etc.

Sorry, I guess my point was that he could ask labrocca to adapt it Wink
And that even if the current compatibility says 1.4 it works with 1.6

Unless he's speaking of a different labrocca plugin, he has so many its hard to keep track Smile
I'm not very familiar with programming and PHP but if labrocca's plugin works for 1.6. and it's only for PayPal subscriptions, wouldn't it be easier to "just" add AlertPay option with it, with labrocca's approval of course? I have already asked him to create this one but he is probably busy with updating all of his plugins and even maybe creating some new ones, so he doesn't have time.

Like I said, I'm not much of a programmer, but if you have a plugin that already does one function (+PayPal) and you need it to do the same function again but for a different website (+AlertPay), couldn't it be duplicated and adapted to work with AlertPay. Or am I writing nonsense? Big Grin