MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add Backlinks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to add backlinks to my forum to increase google rankings and generate traffic. Could someone tell me how to add a page that I can add backlinks to? Also having trouble putting google ads on my website so could you also tell me the best way to do that?
I'm new to MyBB and web design in general so I would appreciate the simplest answer possible.

Thanks
Get content first. Backlinks would come automatically Wink
(2010-11-25, 01:21 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]Get content first. Backlinks would come automatically Wink

Also, where do you want to place the ads? You'll have to edit some templates.
Yeah i understand about getting content but some other forums I have seen have separate pages just giving links to other forums which I assume improves content a lot.
I want to place maybe just one ad on each page below the logo and above the first forum category so it is visible when the page is loaded. I already have an adsense account and therefore have the code but I don't know where I am supposed to insert this code.
I can help you with placing your ads, try this:

templates and styles
templates
*your template*
Header templates
header

Now, in here at the very bottom add your ad sense code.

<here>
As above, add it to the end of the header template, something like this:
<div style="text-align: center;">
***Adsense code***
</div>

You can use the Page Manager plugin to create additional pages - http://mods.mybb.com/view/page-manager
Can recommend the Page Manager - well worth looking at