MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Its quoting previous posts??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We won't be changing it now, as I said, the only reason it was changed from Quote to Reply in the first place is because people got confused with it. You may not think having Quote and the multiquote one is confusing, I don't think it's confusing, but other people did, and other people don't think having Reply is confusing, so it works both ways.

Somewhere around here there was the default button saying Quote instead of reply, can't find it now though.
If it's that much of an issue for you, just make the change above or make yourself a Quote button.
why change it?

you are clicking a "reply" button to a specific post, should you not expect to be replying to that post and thus need to quote it to indicate such? without quoting, your reply has no context. if you are are needing a generic reply, then use the New Reply buttons

That is why there is a New Reply button at the top and bottom of every thread page, thus indicating that you are replying the thread and no need to quote anything.
Precisely. All the buttons in the postbit are about the post; you edit the post, delete the post, multiquote the post, report the post, warn for the post, and reply to the post.
I found users had the same problem so I just took this button [Image: postbit_quote.gif] and photoshopped Quote on it. Problem solved.
FWIW, someone posted a quote button to this thread.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-82857-p...#pid606364
Pages: 1 2