MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Thread Hook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am writing a plugin and the basic concept is, if it is in a certian forum then the newthread.php will 'change' into multiple fields (Like an application form) and when you submit the fields will be joined together and submitted as a normal message would into the database.

However, how do I go about actually changing the newthread.php, I have written a couple of plugins before but nothing that has required me going out of pre_output_page hook.

Could anyone advise please? Smile

Thanks.
Just use XThreads Smile It dos exactly what you're trying to do if I understand correctly.
Thanks, I looked at it and it gave me hope its possible but not quite what I want. I do want the extra fields on the newthread.php section, but I want it to affect the 'description' of the thread not just the listing page. For example I want something like this:

Name: Blah
More info: Rawr

And when you hit submit, it will then combine them and post it as a message normally.
You can do that with XThreads Wink its completely customisable so can certainly do exactly what you want it to do. Id advise at least installing it n a est site to see Toungue

Besides, you can always take a look at how XThreads works to find what you want ;P