MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Doubling Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

I have tried converting or importing rather a MyBB database a few times now, each time most of the posts double up, i do everything it says on the instructions etc but it keeps happening.

It doesn't double up on the post counts or anything, just in the threads.

Any help would be great, thanks.
So before you merge the posts aren't in there at all, after the merge they're in there twice?? You're not clicking anything twice??
Correct, basically what i am doing is moving it from Localhost to a web-server. I am not clicking anything twice, i just import the posts and let it do its thing. It's quite a bit database over 100,000 posts, it was originally converted from VB, then to MyBB on Localhost now i am putting it online.
What you have done is perform the merge twice, which will insert them into the database twice. When you perform a merge, you have to restore a database backup from BEFORE you merged (the destination database) otherwise if you do the merge again you'll get this doubling effect.