MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Still PHPBB3 and SMF2 to myBB attachment problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, I'm new here. I'd like to move my forum to Mybb.
Actually is in Phpbb3.

I read everything, I tried everything, online and local, windows and linux.
There is no way to import the attachments from phpbb3 to mybb.

As last try I converted phpbb3 to SMF2 and their converter works good, all is converted, attachments too, at first try everything works. Then I tried SMF2 to MyBB to see if it worked, but no way. Always same message at the end of the conversion, in the report log.
The following errors were logged during the process of the Merge System:

* Attachments:
          o Error could not find the attachment (ID: 1)
          o Error could not find the attachment (ID: 2)
          o Error could not find the attachment (ID: 3)
 ... ... .... .... .... 
Everything imported fine, except attachments.

I have around 450 attachments, many of them pictures and archives.
They are important, if I can't import them the conversion to mybb is not worthy.

I've read a lot of similar threads, but it is possible that there isn't a definitive answer to this problem?

I tried the conversion online (linux server), offline under ubuntu LAMPP, offline under windows XAMPP.

Removed all htaccess, chmodded when needed, used full path, I tried to convert directly PhpBB3>mybb, then tried PhpBB3 to SMF and then SMF->Mybb, moved the attachment directory to http root... no change even importing from SMF, always same message importing attachments.

I remember I tried mybb 1.4 time ago and there was problems at the time too, but then with a patch I was able to import them. But at the time I underrated mybb and continued with phpbb.

What I'm missing? I see a lot of people with this problem but I can't find a DEFINITIVE answer to these problems.

This is a small forum, I have a big forum too that I'd like to convert with thousands of attachments! Angel

Thank you for the support,
Roberto.
Did you try to convert from phpbb3 to myBB
(2010-11-27, 08:43 PM)K|nG Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try to convert from phpbb3 to myBB

Yes sorry for not being clear, I tried phpbb3>myBB.
I want to do that, phpbb3 to myBB.
Everything is converted except attachments.
There are no attachment files in uploads folder after running "merge" script.
I'm aware of the problem with attachments. It is currently my top priority.
so it officially doesn't works for attachments and it's not only my problem?

(2010-11-28, 09:16 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm aware of the problem with attachments. It is currently my top priority.

but roughly how much time?
just to know since I need to make decisions: weeks or months?

cheers,
Roberto.
Shouldn't be long. The problem is that it doesn't happen always, and I've not discovered yet what does cause it when it does happen.
I have yet to successfully use the merge system and get attachments.
(2010-11-29, 08:48 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I have yet to successfully use the merge system and get attachments.

That sucks, out of several servers I've tried it on, it works on most. But as I said, this is my top priority right now. Which means the new modules I've been working on are delayed. I'm laid off from work right now though, so I have a lot of time on my hands. Doing some home remodeling, but lots of work on the Merge System as well. Any input anyone has is more than welcome.
(2010-11-29, 08:48 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I have yet to successfully use the merge system and get attachments.

as I said I tried in every way, the script doesn't import the files. Every other settings, permissions, users, everything import fine except attachment files.

I get database populated IIRC, I get attachment names and size in posts, but the script doesn't copy and rename the files the way mybb handle them, uploads folder is always empty.

I think the problem is in the "copy and rename" section... phpbb doesn't use real name for attachment and I know nothing about compiling php scripts, otherwise I could have tried something Sad

It sucks cause a lot of people I know now are seeing "MyBB power". The y would like to move to myBB from smf and phpbb but this is the only BIG problem stopping them from conversion.

I'll wait, please Dylan keep us updated.
Yeah, I understand mate. It is a serious issue. We'll keep looking into it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4