MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Including Website Header & Footer (Help)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, new user to MyBB and I have a pretty hefty question.

I was wondering how I could go about adding my website header and footer within MyBB but here's the catch, I would prefer to have it be a PHP include or someway where I don't have to edit two header and footer files when something changes (aka just using the header/footer code in the template itself).

Now I'm aware by default that MyBB does not allow PHP in template files, what I was wondering if there is a workaround or plugin that can do exactly what I am requesting.

The header and footer files I will be including are not just an image and links, there will also be some PHP code within them to run other things. Thanks in advance and I look forward to a reply.

I forgot to mention I'm using 1.6

40 views? Anyone have any advice?
i would suggest work the header in MyBB first. The include the header in your other pages.

Just put this in your custom pages and call the header: $header
define('IN_MYBB', 1);
require_once "./global.php";
(2010-11-27, 11:02 PM)DigitalMikey Wrote: [ -> ]Now I'm aware by default that MyBB does not allow PHP in template files, what I was wondering if there is a workaround or plugin that can do exactly what I am requesting.

Here's the plugin you are requesting
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=260