MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Renaming admin directory.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there whenever I try to rename my admin directory I get a page cannot be found error when testing it out.

I have done everything correctly, the only way to fix this is to rename it back to 'admin' :/

Please help,

Thanks Smile
Go to inc/config.php and change the Admin Dir to the one you're trying to change to.
(2010-11-27, 11:46 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Go to inc/config.php and change the Admin Dir to the one you're trying to change to.

I did that, And even renamed the admin folder etc..
(2010-11-27, 11:48 PM)TheBlackNight Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-27, 11:46 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]Go to inc/config.php and change the Admin Dir to the one you're trying to change to.

I did that, And even renamed the admin folder etc..

That should work.

$config['admin_dir'] = "admin";

Change that to whatever, then close it and reupload it. It should work, they both must be the same.
And you've actually renamed the admin folder via FTP...?? If you've renamed the folder and edited the name of it in config.php, it will work fine, there's nothing else to change other than that and can't exactly not work.
(2010-11-27, 11:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]And you've actually renamed the admin folder via FTP...?? If you've renamed the folder and edited the name of it in config.php, it will work fine, there's nothing else to change other than that and can't exactly not work.

I have done just that, It wont work :s

Could it be down to my hosting ?
OH! its working now Smile
(2010-11-28, 02:04 AM)TheBlackNight Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-27, 11:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]And you've actually renamed the admin folder via FTP...?? If you've renamed the folder and edited the name of it in config.php, it will work fine, there's nothing else to change other than that and can't exactly not work.

I have done just that, It wont work :s

Could it be down to my hosting ?
OH! its working now Smile

Don't forget to click Best Answer. Smile