MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Donations Needed. For a Good Reason.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This may sound stupid or selfish, i hope not. I'm 17 years old, and im trying to make a big site. It of course is going to be a forum (yes mybb) and its going to be a place, where people that have a certain kind of sickness or illness can talk to one another (that have the same sickness/illness) and feel comfortable doing so. So im asking the community (you) to just donate via paypal...so that i can get a domain. As far as the hosting goes..i can run it off free hosting.

So please, make a difference and donate. Any amount would be greatly appreciated.
Paypal Donate
First of all, you can not post HTML. Secondly, no one will donate if there's already hundreds of the same kind of forums out there. Plus you're only 17, you wouldn't have too much knowledge about this kind of stuff. A forum owner is supposed to have a lot of knowledge about the niche of his/her forum.
Actually, i do. Just becuase im young, doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about.
(2010-11-28, 01:46 AM)RyanPianesi Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, i do. Just becuase im young, doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about.
Agreed. Old people, quit bashing on young people just because you "think" they don't know what they're talking about. Give them a chance, if they say they know they may.

Also, my recommendation is spend some out-of-pocket cash to buy your forum some stuff, then once it gets bigger collect donations. Once people see you're doing a good job, they'll feel compelled to contribute to an off-the-ground community.
Thats the problem. I dont have any money. All i would need is about 10 dollars (for a year of domain registration) once i get that, then im pretty much started. Thats why im asking.
Well Ryan, why not save up?
(2010-11-28, 01:32 AM)Dialatic Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, you can not post HTML. Secondly, no one will donate if there's already hundreds of the same kind of forums out there. Plus you're only 17, you wouldn't have too much knowledge about this kind of stuff. A forum owner is supposed to have a lot of knowledge about the niche of his/her forum.

If this isn't extremely ignorant, then I really don't know what is...

What type of illness is it? I'm actually a Biology major, so stuff like this is of interest to myself. Let me know and maybe I can help you out. Wink
Nothing in particular. its going to be a forum where people with illnesses can communicate with one another, without feeling like they're being judged. things like autism and such.
(2010-11-28, 01:46 AM)RyanPianesi Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, i do. Just becuase im young, doesnt mean i dont know what im talking about.

It wasn't meant as an insult. I'm only 16. I'm just saying, obviously someone older will have more knowledge on the subject unless you have a lot of personal experience and/or do a lot of research.
Bumperoni
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5