MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SPAMBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
lol the biggest problem is I'm too lazy to change the domain, mainly because first I would have to think of one that's not taken and doesn't look like someone facerolled in the text box.
Spambb.tk is fine, just make the logo a better example. And make sure in all advertisements you clearly explain the sites actual purpose. And the title should have something informative too.

Also, the 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 and such junk for a site really doesn't look good. Just use like Spambb or Spambb Reborn. Smile
That's just the news title. The logo is the displayed theme's name, and is obviously going to be different with each theme.

I might just go ahead and change the domain, as I agree that the current one doesn't fit the site very well. I just gotta come up with a good one (and see if my host supports changing the domain).
Well, the domain is fine it's just needs to be properly announced so we know what it means. Smile

'Super Purple Atomic Mitosis Bulletin Board'
No offense dude but you seem to collect forums that are empty worthless piles of junk! What the hell are you doing?
Flailing about until I accomplish something Toungue

Seriously, though, I've only had 3 sites: My main one (which I need to write programs so it can be useful), Salve Felinus (which failed because my friends flaked on actually doing anything) and this one which I'm now using for demoing designs.

But the way you said that is kind of offensive. If you really meant "No offense" you would have at least tried to soften the language you used. Something along the lines of "Your forums haven't been so successful" would have been far less offensive than "Your forums are empty worthless piles of junk."
I wasn't able to visit the site as it kept saying this URL does not exist. Guessing your server is down like you said? Regardless, I agree with everyone that said SpamBB isn't a great name for your content. I know I would never bother to go to a place like that because from the outside, it isn't very inviting.

Had I done a search for graphics and such and SpamBB came up in the list, I'd honestly probably just skip over it and choose the next option.

I don't know you nor have I been to any of the sites so I can't comment on the themes and styles. But just from reading this thread and the feedback/replies it sounds to me like maybe you have several sites but aren't fully finished with any of them. Not sure how accurate that is but I think perhaps focusing on one site and one project at a time might do you well. This way you'll actually have content for users to browse through and create an actual reason for others to visit.

Wish you luck. I know the site design stuff is a pain. I'm currently redoing mine and I surely have my lazy moments.
(2010-11-30, 12:24 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Flailing about until I accomplish something Toungue

Seriously, though, I've only had 3 sites: My main one (which I need to write programs so it can be useful), Salve Felinus (which failed because my friends flaked on actually doing anything) and this one which I'm now using for demoing designs.

But the way you said that is kind of offensive. If you really meant "No offense" you would have at least tried to soften the language you used. Something along the lines of "Your forums haven't been so successful" would have been far less offensive than "Your forums are empty worthless piles of junk."

If it's any consolation, Einstein once said: "...one's rate of success is proportional to one's rate of failure..."

In other words, keep trying and your determination might reward you.

Well, carp. Given the way things are going I might as well shuffle the site over to my main host and get a better domain, at which point it's more or less a new website and this showcase thread is an utter failure. Oh well, you get what you pay for, right?

... Now to come up with a better domain name.
Edit: Screw it, I'm just going to add this stuff to my main site. The fewer websites I have to maintain the better.

I guess I might as well leave you guys with a teaser for my latest theme:
(2010-11-30, 05:38 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, carp. Given the way things are going I might as well shuffle the site over to my main host and get a better domain, at which point it's more or less a new website and this showcase thread is an utter failure. Oh well, you get what you pay for, right?

... Now to come up with a better domain name.
Edit: Screw it, I'm just going to add this stuff to my main site. The fewer websites I have to maintain the better.

I guess I might as well leave you guys with a teaser for my latest theme:
Wow, nice! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3