MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SPAMBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After a bit of a struggle and a loss of interest I closed down SPAMBB. About a week later I came up with an idea that I could use for the site, and tried to get to work, only to be met by the fallout of a server crash.

After about a week of slow progress, I managed to clean up my forum and repurpose it for demonstrating themes and receiving feedback and suggestions. It's no longer about spam, but the original acronym is still sticking: Super Perfect Awesome Message Bulletin Board.

Right now the only theme to criticize is the one I originally made for the site, which I renamed Nebulous. I am looking for suggestions, mostly for the header and footer areas as right now those are the only things I really don't like. I hope to have another 2 up for talk soon (one I have to finish, and the other I have to get off my lazy lime and upload).

You can find my site at http://www.spambb.tk. My host seems to still be recovering from the server crash so if the site's down try again in about an hour.
You already have Fawkes Software, so I see no point in a second forum. But I like the design (get a different logo though), and the idea of the forum is quite nice. Smile
This forum is to demonstrate themes, my other one is more for programs I write (someday I'll actually have something to put up on the site). The logo is the one that comes with the theme.
Fawkes Software could host themes too. Spambb sounds more like a spam research forum, or a spam bulletin board. Never in my life would I guess theming website.
You can call it Skins, Plugins And MyBB, then ditch fawkes software. Love the theme though.
Everyone's saying they like the theme, but it got rejected from ShopMyBB because "A lot of the graphics need to be up-to-date with the industries demand as well as how the overall header and footer are laid out."

The thing is it's a CSS-only theme (no theme-specific template edits by my choice) so beyond a few little things I can't do much with the header and footer (I have ideas, but I don't know if they're feasible), and have no clue what they mean by "A lot of the graphics need to be up-to-date with the industries demand."

My next theme that's orange and almost done doesn't have the "no template edits" restriction and I'm hoping it will make the cut. If not I'm finding another marketplace.

Also, Fawkes Software is going to be more for games and utilities and other programs.
Wow, too bad. You'd think that ShopMyBB would want to expand it's database at this point, considering it's still relatively small. Even if this only sold for $4-$5, it's a great base theme.
You should go with Scoutie's idea on what to call it. That's fantastic, Scoutie. Smile

Also, I don't see how they couldn't accept it...
You need to really make it clear what 'Spam' stands for on your forum. I'd never be tempted to visit a site with that domain.
Agreed, IBF. You may want to put that in the logo, and make sure people know too.
Pages: 1 2 3