MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merging a backup of a vB forum ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys,

I want to move "JUST" the threads and posts and the respective members of the threads who have posted it.So how i do that ?

And if i mess up somewhere in the middle can i undo backup ? Big Grin

Thanking You,
Just upload the database to another place. The only thing you'll need the actual files for is for the attachments.
Well,Wont it import all the uncessary threads which i don't want ? Will it remove my current threads ?
No. The Merge converts all threads, posts and forums. After the merge has been completed, you should go through all your threads and delete the unnecessary ones.

Alternatively, install vB, import your backup, delete the threads you don't want, then convert.
Make sure you back up your MyBB forum database before you attempt to Merge in case you need to do it more than once. Also lock the MyBB forum before doing that backup so that no new threads can be created by users during the Merge.
Yes,Ok...But the biggest problem is that the backup is nearly 100mb How in hell can i merge it ??
With great patience Wink
First, restore that backup into a database server. Then use the MyBB Merge System as per the instructions. It shouldn't take more than a couple hours.