MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Turn off "edit/change rep" ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed that if you have gave someone rep on a post and you click on it again later it brings up your last rep for that post and you can delete/edit it.

How can i turn this off so members can not edit/delete a rep for a post they have already given? I have members deleting reps by mistake because they leave a rep again to a post they already have.

More then one rep from the same user to the same post is just fine with me. So if i can not turn that off, then what about it just posting another rep to the post?
Still needing help with this, is there a way i can turn this off?
Or even remove the code that does this in the templates? Maybe replace it with code that will just do nothing.. but not give any errors.
That might need a plugin.
I was hoping it would not of this thread needs to be moved.
I am not asking to add anything, just remove the edit/delete of reps. This should be a setting in the ACP to not allow edit/delete of reps made, but i don't see anything.
(2010-11-28, 05:07 PM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]More then one rep from the same user to the same post is just fine with me.

Uh, why? Doesn't this defeat the point of rep?
Hi Uncontrol Smile Indeed it does, but its better then them deleting the reps altogether.
I would rather just be able to turn it off. That should be a acp setting as i said.. but its not.
There are many things like this in the acp you can set in groups and such, but this is not one of them
That's because it's a silly thing to want to do.

Adding more than one rep per post per user is insane.
Not allowing the user to change/delete their rep -- in case they gave it accidentally, for instance -- is also insane.
That's your opinion, and for our forums needs it makes since. Once a rep is made, we don't want anyone deleting it.
Editing the rep is ok, just like we allow members to edit their own post. but as i said.. the DELETE is what we want to disallow.

I am not here to debate this with you Uncontrol or anyone else. If you can't help, please don't reply and bump my thread.

If anyone can help, would be grateful Smile
Remove the delete button from the postbit.
Excellent idea Derek, it's not a image, so its code.

Is it in here? if so, what can be removed safely?
Template: reputation_deleted
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->reputation}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body onunload="window.opener.location.reload();">
<br />
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
	<tr>
		<td class="trow1" style="padding: 20px">
			<strong>{$lang->vote_deleted}</strong><br /><br />
			   <blockquote>{$lang->vote_deleted_message}</blockquote>
				<br /><br />
				<div style="text-align: center;">
					<script type="text/javascript">
					<!--
						document.write('[<a href="javascript:window.close();">{$lang->close_window}</a>]');
					// -->
					</script>
				</div>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html

or is it in here?
Template: reputation
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$lang->reputation_report}</title>
{$headerinclude}
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
	var delete_reputation_confirm = "{$lang->delete_reputation_confirm}";
// -->
</script>
</head>
<body>
{$header}
{$add_reputation}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="clear: both;">
<tr>
	<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->reputation_report}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="tcat"><strong>{$lang->summary}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="trow1">
	<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
		<tr>
			<td>
				<span class="largetext"><strong>{$username}</strong></span><br />
				<span class="smalltext">
					({$usertitle})<br />
					<br />
					<strong>{$lang->total_reputation}:</strong> <span class="repbox {$total_class}">{$user['reputation']}</span><br /><br />
					<strong>{$lang->reputation_members} {$rep_members}</strong><br />
					<strong>{$lang->reputation_posts} {$rep_posts}</strong><br />
					<strong class="reputation_positive">{$lang->positive_count}:</strong> {$positive_count}<br />
					<strong class="reputation_neutral">{$lang->neutral_count}:</strong> {$neutral_count}<br />
					<strong class="reputation_negative">{$lang->negative_count}:</strong> {$negative_count}
				</span>
			</td>
			<td align="right" style="width: 300px;">
					<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder trow2">
						<tr>
							<td>&nbsp;</td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_positive">{$lang->positive_count}</span></td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_neutral">{$lang->neutral_count}</span></td>
							<td><span class="smalltext reputation_negative">{$lang->negative_count}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$positive_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$neutral_week}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$negative_week}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$positive_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$neutral_month}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$negative_month}</span></td>
						</tr>
						<tr>
							<td style="text-align: right;"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->last_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$positive_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$neutral_6months}</span></td>
							<td style="text-align: center;"><span class="smalltext">{$negative_6months}</span></td>
						</tr>
					</table>
			</td>
		</tr>
	</table>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td class="tcat"><strong>{$lang->comments}</strong></td>
</tr>
{$reputation_votes}
<tr>
	<td class="tfoot" align="right">
	<form action="reputation.php" method="get">
		<input type="hidden" name="uid" value="{$user['uid']}" />
		<select name="show">
			<option value="all" {$show_selected['all']}>{$lang->show_all}</option>
			<option value="positive" {$show_selected['positive']}>{$lang->show_positive}</option>
			<option value="neutral" {$show_selected['neutral']}>{$lang->show_neutral}</option>
			<option value="negative" {$show_selected['negative']}>{$lang->show_negative}</option>
		</select>
		<select name="sort">
			<option value="dateline" {$sort_selected['last_updated']}>{$lang->sort_updated}</option>
			<option value="username" {$sort_selected['username']}>{$lang->sort_username}</option>
		</select>
		{$gobutton}
	</form>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$multipage}
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Pages: 1 2