MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb.com subscription mails late?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the past two days or so, my thread subscription mails from this board are coming in 6-24 hours late. I just got a notification about a reply that someone wrote yesterday. I receive all other mail to the same address fine (various mailing lists, and subscription notifications of other boards), so I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue...?
Just got one come straight through for me.
I should have received one for your reply just now, but so far nothing. Ten minutes after your post, someone replied in another forum, and I received that mail instantly, within the minute. If it's a problem on my end, it's a selective one...
or something with the routing between the MyBB server and your ISP/mail server.
Sometimes i don't get them at all. I've been experiencing this issue since months.

I wait impatiently in my mailbox and start to think no one replies to my threads Big Grin
I get them no problem with Gmail.
Neither me.
no problems with email through my domain via MyBBWH
Been fine for me even though I don't subscribe to much. Having said that though I have had some thread creation emails come through twice...
(2010-11-29, 01:13 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Just got one come straight through for me.

For the past hour I've been receiving today's (by now yesterday's) subscription mails, and the one for your reply above came in just now. Here's the raw mail headers:

Received: from [80.67.18.53] (helo=mx10.ispgateway.de)
	by geraistos.ispgateway.de with esmtp (Exim 4.68)
	(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
	id 1PNEba-00061H-Hi; Tue, 30 Nov 2010 02:02:03 +0100
Return-path: <[email protected]>
X-Envelope-To: [email protected]
Received: from [67.228.199.195] (helo=tango.mybboard.net)
	by mx10.ispgateway.de with esmtp (Exim 4.68)
	(envelope-from <[email protected]>)
	id 1PNEba-0004Tt-8m
	for [email protected]; Tue, 30 Nov 2010 02:02:02 +0100
Received: by tango.mybboard.net (Postfix, from userid 1001)
	id CEE804E0D61; Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:13:01 -0600 (CST)
To: [email protected]
Subject: New Reply to mybb.com subscription mails late?
Reply-To: [email protected]
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
X-Mailer: MyBB
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:13:01 -0600 (CST)

frostschutz,

MattRogowski has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to at MyBB Community Forums. This thread is titled mybb.com subscription mails late?.

Here is an excerpt of the message:
------------------------------------------
Just got one come straight through for me.... (visit the thread to read more..)
------------------------------------------

To view the thread, you can go to the following URL:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-83121-newpost.html
[...]

The interesting part are the received headers. With timestamps converted to the same timezone (gmtime), it shows that the mail was issued on the right time (Mon Nov 29 13:13:01 2010 received by tango.mybboard.net from userid 1001), but my hosts mailserver did not receive the mail until much later (Tue Nov 30 01:02:02 2010 received by mx10.ispgateway.de from tango.mybboard.net).

So either there is a persistent connection problem between tango.mybboard.net and mx10.ispgateway.de, or the mail was almost 12 hours stuck in a queue somewhere on tango.mybboard.net for some reason... also, the mails came in in random order... I received a notification of a later reply in this thread half an hour before the notification for the first reply above.
Pages: 1 2