MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where can I find the Best priced VPS/Dedi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I went with http://www.citynethost.com/vps.asp for my minecraft server but only because they were really cheap for the RAM they offered. I don't use it as my primary VPS (my primary VPS provider is Australian anyway so probably not of use to you) either so I can't really make any judgement on the quality of their service...
(2010-11-30, 04:43 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.interserver.net/custom-manage...rvers.html

Their Intel Atom servers ROCK! Big Grin

This!
@Tim B: do they allow you to upgrade past 2gb RAM Smile
(2010-11-30, 03:16 PM)Tommyk Wrote: [ -> ]@Tim B: do they allow you to upgrade past 2gb RAM Smile

I'm not sure, you would have to ask them.
Whatever you do, stay away from OpenVZ/Virtuozzo!!!!! Wink

Go with true virtualization if you want good performance.
i assume thats xen? Toungue
Also, what actually are the downsides of OpenVZ kujoe? I have heard that OpenVZ isnt so good, but have yet to find out why Toungue
OpenVZ is paravirtualization. It runs using the node's kernel so you are limited by that for one (no adding modules or configuring to suit your needs).

OpenVZ allows overselling of resources so the majority of hosts that choose OpenVZ use it for that reason (you can oversell Xen also but it's easier to do in OpenVZ which is why people will prefer to use it for overselling).

Xen containers will always outperform an equal OpenVZ container. No idea why really if they are the same specs but this is always the case in every test I have seen.

Xen is more secure and stable due to being a true virtual container since no other VPSs will use any of the container (unlike OpenVZ which shares the kernel with all of the other VPSs).

Lastly, while I normally use Xen I recently started using KVM which is similar to Xen except for some minor differences. The main reason I switched from Xen to KVM is we switched from Citrix XenServer to Proxmox which only supports OpenVZ and KVM.
Hmm deciding whether to go for interserver atom 1024mb (then upgrade later) or Citynethost Xen 1024mb.

@kujoe: you know the atom, it lists it as 100mbs uplink, is there a bandwidth limit?
On the configure page it will give you the bandwidth options. The one in the default price is 4000GB In/Out.
for the "20Mbps Bandwidth Add: $100.00" does that mean unlimited 20mbs bandwidth?
With Xen vs OpenVZ, which would be better: 2048mb RAM OpenVZ or 1024mb Xen?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6