MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Saving Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to save the settings of my Plugins? I really dislike reconfiguring all my plugins every time I disable them... (i.e. installing theme)
As far as I know, there isn't unless the plugin was specifically designed to remember settings.
are you uninstalling or deactivating? a properly coded plugin will not delete settings if just deactivated.
I believe only plugins with the option to uninstall/install store plugin settings, but I may be wrong.
Add an enable/disable setting to the plugin itself, this way you can enable / disable it and keep your current settings.
(2010-11-30, 09:15 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Add an enable/disable setting to the plugin itself, this way you can enable / disable it and keep your current settings.
How?
(2010-11-30, 09:15 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Add an enable/disable setting to the plugin itself, this way you can enable / disable it and keep your current settings.

That's not going to solve the issue of having to deactivate and reactivate to apply template changes after installing a new theme.

Plugins should be coded so deactivating doesn't delete settings, but a lot aren't.

If you know which plugins are losing settings, you can avoid deactivating by manually adding the plugin code into the templates of the new theme.
(2010-11-30, 02:43 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]

That's not going to solve the issue of having to deactivate and reactivate to apply template changes after installing a new theme.

Plugins should be coded so deactivating doesn't delete settings, but a lot aren't.

If you know which plugins are losing settings, you can avoid deactivating by manually adding the plugin code into the templates of the new theme.
Is it possible to make it so that plugins save the settings when they are deactivated?
(2010-11-30, 11:19 PM)Iamazn Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to make it so that plugins save the settings when they are deactivated?

Yes, you'd have to know PHP and edit the plugin yourself.
You'd need to put them in the install/uninstall functions.

The problem with doing that though is that if you want to add/remove settings, you'd have to completely remove the plugin by uninstalling it to add/remove them, which is even worse than just losing the settings when you deactivate.
Pages: 1 2