MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Favicon in address bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This plugin insert favicon in your community
Author: SVRN
Submitted: 25th November 2010
Upload Plugin files in your community directory and Active it .
Change the setting and enter the favicon address.
Perview:
[attachment=20627] [attachment=20628]
Download:
[attachment=20629]
MyBB link :
http://mods.mybb.com/view/favicon-in-address-bar
Works, just got to change it to this:
ie. change
"guid" => "2e182f0e69a1dcd132ae23964aba5b62"

to
"guid" => "2e182f0e69a1dcd132ae23964aba5b62",
why do you need this?
The guid attribute lets MyBB automatically check for updates.
This is not necessary to install any plugin actually, there is a simple guide: http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=145
yes its not necessary but many of mybb users in persian lang dont know how to add favicon and i write it for them to use favicon simple!!!
(2011-03-29, 09:48 AM)SVRN Wrote: [ -> ]yes its not necessary but many of mybb users in persian lang dont know how to add favicon and i write it for them to use favicon simple!!!

Never mind, glad you've coded Smile
i think it is necessary because some times people are newbie or it is best that try to avoid to edit the core or original files. when ever the mod is uninstalled, every thing works fine without any issue.

however it would be better if we enhance this plugin and make the functionality to upload favicon at our site
Yes but for this particular instance regarding favicons, all you need to do is drag and drop the .ico file, it's actually easier than uploading and activating a plugin.
(2012-01-26, 11:23 AM)xxx Wrote: [ -> ]i think it is necessary because some times people are newbie or it is best that try to avoid to edit the core or original files. when ever the mod is uninstalled, every thing works fine without any issue.

however it would be better if we enhance this plugin and make the functionality to upload favicon at our site

You do not need to touch the code or core files....
Pages: 1 2