MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleted admin/index.php by Mistake .Please Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Line 484 is the closing PHP tag so it looks like the file just ends with ? instead of ?>, should just need a new copy of the file...

For emails, run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Thanks Everyone..

I tried it multiple times but didn't helped.. I then downloaded a fresh copy of mybb from mybb.com and uploaded it.

I was able to see the login screen but after login new error ..

This time admin/modules/home/index.php error . I also repaced that with a new one.

Problem is solve now but I am not able to understand how the file got corrupted without doing anything to it...

Do you think free hosting is responsible for that ?

Can Somebody please tell me how to have back up of forum so if that happens next time, i can change my host ?
You can take a backup of your forum either from the phpmyadmin or directly from the: http://yourdomain.com/admin/index.php?mo...ion=backup

Replace yourdomain.com with your own domain name.
Hey Guys..

My Users are still not getting Activation emails. Can anybody help with this?
I've already linked to a test to help debug that.

[Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Wow..

Thanks .. really appreciate such a fast help..

I will try that test in my forum today and ll let you know if I get more errors..
This isn't supposed to stop the errors, this is just a test to run to see if mail can even be sent...
I tried the test.

It doesn't works, It infact takes me to the host home page. My host is 000webhost and they claim that they allow php emails with no limits so I don't know what is the problem.

Note: Activation email used to work a week back and suddenly stopped working
(2010-12-01, 12:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't supposed to stop the errors, this is just a test to run to see if mail can even be sent...

Host home page...?? You must be doing something wrong if it's doing that, sounds like you're not putting the file in the right place or you're trying to access it with the wrong URL.

000webhost is not a good host, and other people have had problems sending mails from them.
I am a newbie to php . There are many chances I may be doing it wrong. I agree with you that 000webhost is not good. I ll change it once i ll be ready to spend for the forum. Till then I ll keep activation the accounts manually.

(2010-12-01, 03:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Host home page...?? You must be doing something wrong if it's doing that, sounds like you're not putting the file in the right place or you're trying to access it with the wrong URL.

000webhost is not a good host, and other people have had problems sending mails from them.

Pages: 1 2 3