MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleted admin/index.php by Mistake .Please Help!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,
I am running Mybb 1.6

my website : forum.graduatestudiesus.com - the forum is running but I am unable to login to admin control panel.

Sequence of events

I got this message when I tried logging in admin control panel.

tryingParse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/a5357850/public_html/admin/index.php on line 484

After that I replaced admin/index.php with a new index.php downloaded from mybb website. I am still not able to log in.

Please Help
Did you upload the index.php file from upload/admin/index.php or upload/index.php? If you uploaded it from upload/index.php, that's your problem; delete that, and upload the file upload/admin/index.php to your admin directory.
Thanks for the help but

I uploaded it from upload/admin/index.php and still not working..

(2010-12-01, 05:25 AM)Vocaloid Wrote: [ -> ]Did you upload the index.php file from upload/admin/index.php or upload/index.php? If you uploaded it from upload/index.php, that's your problem; delete that, and upload the file upload/admin/index.php to your admin directory.

Both boards are running 1.6 correct?
Yes

I installed 1.6 and everything was fine but suddenly got this error when tried to login to admin cp.

I can still login to user panel and moderator panel.

One more error which rose parallel to it was that users were not getting activation emails when sign up.

is there any relation in these 2 issues?

(2010-12-01, 05:43 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Both boards are running 1.6 correct?

Try to look on my Post#5
Yaldaram, both are the same thing... Index.php is just the automatic home of that folder. Same result, just less typing.

Admin Panel - Try downloading a new copy & reuploading it..

Email - I'll look around and see.
Do you want me to try to reupload the index.php in the admin or reupload the whole admin folder ?

(2010-12-01, 06:08 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Yaldaram, both are the same thing... Index.php is just the automatic home of that folder. Same result, just less typing.

Admin Panel - Try downloading a new copy & reuploading it..

Email - I'll look around and see.

Download a new copy of mybb 1.6 and then upload the index.php

Tell me what happens.
Pages: 1 2 3