MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question v1.2 (Updated: 07/27/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I've got problem when installed this. The AJAX Validation is not working after I installed the plugin Confused

How to solve it?
^ recheck if you have added all the files of the plugin to correct locations (esp. javascript file)
(2013-05-15, 07:24 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ recheck if you have added all the files of the plugin to correct locations (esp. javascript file)

The AJAX Validation is not working after I installed the plugin

It means everything come from "validation.js" is not working, and if I deactive the plugin. It will work Smile
Hello:

I'm getting about 10 new spammers registered every day, and neither of them are answering a security question.

Their email are almost always ending in ".ru", for example:

[attachment=29358]

But the statistics for all the security questions are 0/0.

If I delete all the users, and only stay myself, tomorrow I'm getting again about 8-10 new users with odd nicks and emails, ending in .ru, and with the statistics in 0/0.

How is this possible? The spammers are registering themselves without answering any security question?

What can I do? I'll have to delete all the forum and web if I can't fix the problem.

Thank you very much for your help...
'Grid Wrote:I'm getting about 10 new spammers registered every day, and neither of them are answering a security question.

When I wrote that message, my protection methods were:

1. MyBB CAPTCHA
2. RSQ

After I wrote that message, I exchanged "MyBB CAPTCHA" for "Without CAPTCHA", and suddenly the spambot registrations stopped. I haven't had any spambot registration since then.

Therefore I think the only guilty was the CAPTCHA method from MyBB, "MyBB CAPTCHA". Is this possible?

Thank you very much...
(2013-05-19, 12:04 PM)Grid Wrote: [ -> ]The spammers are registering themselves without answering any security question?

Yes, bots simply ignore the question, see also http://community.mybb.com/thread-129189-page-2.html (it's still not fixed)
That's strange. I have still not had one spam bot on the two MyBB forums I run with Security Questions enabled (almost a year old forum now). I suppose the hundreds of bots that attempt to register on my forums simply don't bypass the questions for me... luckily?
(2013-05-30, 05:54 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]That's strange. I have still not had one spam bot on the two MyBB forums I run with Security Questions enabled (almost a year old forum now). I suppose the hundreds of bots that attempt to register on my forums simply don't bypass the questions for me... luckily?

It has worked EXTREMELY well for my forum also. I went from 6-12 spam registrations per day to basically none. It's been more than a year. I am very grateful for this plugin!!
Is this working for 1.6.10 ?

Yup it works, nice work!
(2013-05-30, 12:19 PM)Jayfore Wrote: [ -> ]It has worked EXTREMELY well for my forum also. I went from 6-12 spam registrations per day to basically none. It's been more than a year. I am very grateful for this plugin!!

I'm asking everyday how it's possible that RSQ is so useful for everyone, and absolutely unuseful for me, and I'm sure I've installed it and configure it correctly and it's working fine, but I'm getting new spammers registered continuously Sad ...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23