MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question v1.2 (Updated: 07/27/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I unzip your files and open "regsecureq.lang.php" and "config_regsecureq.lang.php" and translated them and press save (Crtl+S) !

I saved them in utf-8 and re-upload them but when I want to add a question to list show question and answer characters ???????
Go PHPMyAdmin > MyBB Database > "g33k_regsecureq_questions" table
Change Collation Column to utf-8.
Thank you for this great plugin!

Is there any way to also make it work with guest posting?

I have one forum that is open for guest posting and they currently have to use the Captcha, but this would this increase security from bots posting.

Thank you!
(2011-04-10, 09:21 AM)Jondan Wrote: [ -> ]I unzip your files and open "regsecureq.lang.php" and "config_regsecureq.lang.php" and translated them and press save (Crtl+S) !

I saved them in utf-8 and re-upload them but when I want to add a question to list show question and answer characters ???????

First you were talking about the language file, now you're talking about the questions. If its the language file then its the language file encoding, if its the question then make sure your database table is utf-8 like pars posted.

(2011-04-13, 08:23 PM)tr549 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this great plugin!

I have one forum that is open for guest posting and they currently have to use the Captcha, but this would this increase security from bots posting.

Thank you!

I could add it as an option in one of the future versions.

I would also like to address the IE9 bugs that were mentioned on the mods site reviews. I wish they would post them here as I had no idea they were there till I came across them today.

I don't have access to a system with IE9 but will be installing IE9 on one of the systems this weekend so I can test it out and give a solution.
(2011-04-13, 08:23 PM)tr549 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this great plugin!

Thank you!

[/quote]

It would be great to have the Security Question as an option to appear in ALL places where the Captcha now appears, such as gueest posting, contact forms from guests, etc.

Thank you!

I don't have IE9 either so I can't test that problem, sorry.
Thanks for this great mod !
(2011-04-14, 05:26 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-04-13, 08:23 PM)tr549 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to also make it work with guest posting?

It would be great to have the Security Question as an option to appear in ALL places where the Captcha now appears, such as guest posting, contact forms from guests, etc.

Thank you!

Thank you very much for this plugin! I add my vote for the above suggestion from tr549.

I have an additional question about this plugin as it currently exists, and I have not seen any mention about this in the readme file. Are the answers "cap" sensitive? As an example, if an answer for a question is "4|Four" but the user enters in "four" or "FOUR" - will it still work or get rejected?

An additional thought occurred to me as I was typing my above comment. A possible expansion for this plugin. It could still retain the question/answer scenario as it is in effect now, but as an option load an image (one image, multiple images, random image, etc.) of the admin's choosing and pair it with a question that asks something about the image(s). The question could be generic or specific, but would require human reasoning to properly answer. I know this sounds a lot like the Captcha or ReCaptcha systems, but instead of just words these could be images of anything and thus increase the difficulty of getting cracked or auto-machine read.

Possible questions or "trick" questions tied to a photo(s):
What do you see happening in these photos? (anything is possible here)
How many adults are in this photo? (one could be an adult "little person" but chances are only a human would recognize that.)
Is the vehicle moving or parked? (a good shot can show a moving vehicle in still frame as if it was parked.)
How many people are smoking in this picture? (they could be holding a cigarette in their hand or have it in their mouth. Or they might not be smoking at all, or they could be holding something else.)
What time does the clock say? (analog clock, digital, sundial, a clock that looks like something else, no clock at all, a board or screen with a bunch of numbers and the clock is right there in it.)
How many fish are on the stringer the man is holding up? (they could be all bunched up at the bottom of a string and difficult for a machine to auto-recognize.)
etc. The possibilities are virtually limitless.

Just a thought.
The answers are case insensitive, meaning upper or lower case does not matter.

Your suggestion is good but then one would have to be very careful what kind of images are used for the questions. For example, one of your possible questions was
What do you see happening in these photos?
The answer to this can be so diverse and longer than one word that it would be hard to get the same one word response from everyone.
There would then also be the overhead of finding or creating the images, a question can easily be changed/added/edited but for an image you would have to find an image and create the question for the image or create the image for your question which alot of users would find too much to do.
I have installed this plugin in my forum but i meet a problem:

The problem:
I can not change questions. When i press the "Change Question" button i see a box appear and it just stay there with "Loading Please Wait ..." message. Questions are not changed.

I'm using MyBB 1.6.3

Anyone can help me ?
(2011-04-27, 06:01 PM)eSpy Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed this plugin in my forum but i meet a problem:

The problem:
I can not change questions. When i press the "Change Question" button i see a box appear and it just stay there with "Loading Please Wait ..." message. Questions are not changed.

I'm using MyBB 1.6.3

Anyone can help me ?

Probably something missing in the templates.

Could I have your url where this is happening?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23