MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Question v1.2 (Updated: 07/27/2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(2011-04-27, 08:02 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Probably something missing in the templates.

Could I have your url where this is happening?

This my url: http://ketnoi247.com/diendan/index.php
Aahhh yes. This plugin too needs to be updated to work with 1.6.3 and the new prototype. I'll release an update shortly that will solve the loading problem.
- G33K - Wrote:Your suggestion is good but then one would have to be very careful what kind of images are used for the questions. For example, one of your possible questions was
What do you see happening in these photos?
The answer to this can be so diverse and longer than one word that it would be hard to get the same one word response from everyone.
There would then also be the overhead of finding or creating the images, a question can easily be changed/added/edited but for an image you would have to find an image and create the question for the image or create the image for your question which a lot of users would find too much to do.

Yes, perhaps multiple images might be a bit much. Certainly for the less energetic admin types. But scale it back to a single image and I believe that the positives far outweigh the detractions. Plus your plugin would offer a unique, more secure feature (even though it would be optional) that the others would not have.

I just ran across a very similar plugin called "Signup Questions" [ http://mods.mybb.com/view/signup-questions ]. It has a feature that I think is very cool. For each question it keeps track of how many times it was answered correctly and how many times it was answered incorrectly. Is it a possibility for you to add that feature into your Security Questions plugin?

[Image: 7410-1302839280-Manage%20Questions.thumb.png]
This is the perfect plugin to stop spam registrations. Does the current version work with myBB 1.6.3?
(2011-04-30, 09:34 AM)Time 2 Mobilize Wrote: [ -> ]This is the perfect plugin to stop spam registrations. Does the current version work with myBB 1.6.3?

Yes it does, mostly...
Has the "loading problem" been fixed yet for 1.6.3?

It was referred to earlier in this thread.
(2011-04-30, 02:05 PM)tr549 Wrote: [ -> ]Has the "loading problem" been fixed yet for 1.6.3?

The "loading problem" (69, 70, 71, 72) is also confirmed by myself, although refreshing the entire page will also load a different question (and likely reset any text boxes...). Seems that a prototype issue may be causing the glitch. With any luck the fix will be not to difficult and along shortly. Other than that, this plugin works great.
(2011-04-29, 11:28 PM)mehtuus Wrote: [ -> ]I just ran across a very similar plugin called "Signup Questions" [ http://mods.mybb.com/view/signup-questions ]. It has a feature that I think is very cool. For each question it keeps track of how many times it was answered correctly and how many times it was answered incorrectly. Is it a possibility for you to add that feature into your Security Questions plugin?

[Image: 7410-1302839280-Manage%20Questions.thumb.png]

Yes that is pretty cool, I had been adding the ability to add stats to the questions so that admins can see if a question needs to be changed, it'll come in a future version.

(2011-04-30, 09:34 AM)Time 2 Mobilize Wrote: [ -> ]This is the perfect plugin to stop spam registrations. Does the current version work with myBB 1.6.3?

All works but the "Change question" doesn't work. An update that fixes that is coming shortly.

(2011-04-30, 02:05 PM)tr549 Wrote: [ -> ]Has the "loading problem" been fixed yet for 1.6.3?

Not yet, an update is coming shortly.
Yeah I'm also having the Change Question thing freezing up (Just says "Loading, please wait..." forever and never loads a new question. I'm waiting for the update as well Toungue I'm also on 1.6.3.
I upgraded mysql to 5.5 yesterday and just tried to install the plugin but it failed due to TYPE=MyISAM - I fixed it by changing TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM in inc/plugins/secureregq.php Just a heads up for anyone who has upgraded mysql.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23