MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL ERROR 1142- DROP WHEN INSTALLING.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
Wondered if anybody could help me..
I've just installed myBB and have this message...

"SQL Error:
1142 - DROP command denied to user 'pstorfer'@'88.208.252.192' for table 'mybb_adminlog'
Query:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS mybb_adminlog

Also my host is Fasthost and their support has not been great..
They have a phpmyadmin. Would you install this as well to go with MyBB?
And do you know if it is difficult because I really do not know php..

Best regards,

JoSad

The MySQL user does not have the DROP command. Go into your control panel (cPanel or similar) -> MySQL Databases -> Click the user assigned to your database.

Make sure it has ALL permissions.
(2010-12-01, 11:13 AM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]The MySQL user does not have the DROP command. Go into your control panel (cPanel or similar) -> MySQL Databases -> Click the user assigned to your database.

Make sure it has ALL permissions.

Hi
Have looked at the MySQL database. The user name is there but when I click on it nothing happens. There are no lists showing any permissions??
Did the host give you a specific user to use for connecting to the db?? It seems that it doesn't have all the permissions for accessing the database.
Hi,
Just re-entered it and it says I have to log into database to give admin priviledges.. Let's hope this works..
(2010-12-01, 11:26 AM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]Did the host give you a specific user to use for connecting to the db?? It seems that it doesn't have all the permissions for accessing the database.
Hi,
Have add phpmyadmin to access permissions for database.
Might take me a while to work this out.
Thanks very much for your help!!!
It's a great forum and just what Fasthost need!!!!
Best wishes,
JoShy