MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error on login after upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading my mybb to 1.6, i am getting this error on login:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype FROM mybb_users WHERE username='password_cracker' LIMIT 1

-----------------
Please tell how to fix this issue.
Solved! (:
For all those who get this error and don't know how to fix it, please read this:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75028.html

---------------------------

Unknown column 'remember' in 'field list'
Make sure you've uploaded all the new files properly, so they have overwritten the old files. This column was removed in the upgrade so if you're getting this error, your files are still looking for it. Also make sure you've not got any plugins running that are not 1.6 compatible.

Alternatively, if you have merged to MyBB from another forum software, redownload the MyBB Merge System, extract the loginconvert.php file, and upload it over the current version in your ./inc/plugins/ folder.
I created manually in the table mybb_users column REMEMBER by PHPADMIN and resolved.

View - <snip>
Or you could just fix the actual problem and update the files like you're supposed to. Adding the column to get rid of the error is an extremely bad thing to do, as it means you have 1.4 code running on your forum, I do not recommend anybody manually adds the column, please never suggest this to anybody.