MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb.com is not using seo urls but phpbb.com is using them well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My point is not all including me are able to setup (install) a heavy duty google seo plugin, so whyn't just make a seo url plugin which will be as easy to install as uploading a file to rapidshare and it will as useful as google seo plugin. I have about 10 forums and I am waiting for such a plugin called seo urls for mybb forum. I know it would require me to have 10 servers seperately for all of my 10 sites as it will generate a lot of traffic, so what who hates web traffic Big Grin
phpbb.com doesn't use SEO URLs. At least, I don't see any. They look like this to me: /viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2029415 and that's even more horrible than MyBB's /showthread.php?tid=83275.

Quote:My point is not all including me are able to setup (install) a heavy duty google seo plugin

It's easy to install. Upload some files, enable some options, add some rewrite rules. You'd need to do that anyway even if it was built in so that's not making anything any easier...

Quote:I am waiting for such a plugin called seo urls for mybb forum

You can wait forever (and effectively do without), or use what is available today. Your choice...
So MyBB.com using stock SEO URLs affects you... how?
I have no idea what this guy is trying to say.
(2010-12-01, 09:33 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I have no idea what this guy is trying to say.

I'm not sure either. I mean if he only wants to SEO URLs like the one in the google seo plugin he can only use that module and not the rest...

As frostschutz already said no matter what there are going to be a few changes and he makes them easy with files that already edited anyway.
(2010-12-01, 06:09 PM)james12 Wrote: [ -> ]My point is not all including me are able to setup (install) a heavy duty google seo plugin, so whyn't just make a seo url plugin which will be as easy to install as uploading a file to rapidshare and it will as useful as google seo plugin. I have about 10 forums and I am waiting for such a plugin called seo urls for mybb forum. I know it would require me to have 10 servers seperately for all of my 10 sites as it will generate a lot of traffic, so what who hates web traffic Big Grin

frostschutz actually has an SEO plugin that includes canonical and FURL. I've used it to a high degree of SEO success.

Besides, there's more to it than just FURL. rel="canonical", title tags, all those stuff are very important as well, much more important than just a keyword URL.
Nobody understood my point, which was i cant use google seo, coz in the .htaccess even after changing yoursite.com/Mybb I had to change or delete Mybb in the upper line, actually the whole line for this plugin to work

But, hehe as they say noobs never die. I tried it again midnight and it worked, I have installed it on all forums and lets see whitin one week, how it helps.

I am using just seo urls but in meta description there is that canonical thing i cant understand, I wanted to use that too. It said duplicate urls will be taken care of. One of my forum is accessible via 4 domain names, so do you think it will affect that or the duplicate urls of the same domain name will be affected. And how?

Thankyou
(2010-12-15, 12:50 AM)james12 Wrote: [ -> ]One of my forum is accessible via 4 domain names, so do you think it will affect that or the duplicate urls of the same domain name will be affected.

It uses the bburl setting. By default that is static and set to one domain; maybe you're using another plugin that sets bburl dynamically, then that would make Google SEO's canonical per domain as well. However, it would still be duplicate content unless you also change the content depending on domain somehow (like permissions or whatever).
What he's saying, is phpBB has a modification which allows you to edit your thread urls to something like yoursite.com/viewtopic.php?=your-thread-title.

He wants something like that in MyBB.

I believe that's what he's saying.