MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been working on updating my affiliate bar at the bottom of the index and i was adding a sidebar, and when i hit save and continue editing, all the code disappeared, i now have a blank index.

i haven't backed up my database in a week and i have made a million changes to the index just within the last two hours. what do i do to get it back? please help...
If you don't have a backup, you can't. You'll just have to revert the template to original and start again.
Why does this happen , happened me a few times too , rather annoying when your after spending alot of time making edits to the template, only to have to go and revert back to the original.
I can't say I know why it happens, but why not copy the code before saving?
Id just like to know why it happens , cos its annoying. Its just not very user friendly. It used to catch me out alot but i am more careful now. But thats not much good to someone that hasnt much experience. Id like for someone to actually point out why this happens.
(2010-12-01, 11:59 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have a backup, you can't. You'll just have to revert the template to original and start again.

okay, thank you for answering

(2010-12-02, 12:12 AM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]Why does this happen , happened me a few times too , rather annoying when your after spending alot of time making edits to the template, only to have to go and revert back to the original.

i know, it really pissed me off to be honest, i made a bunch of edits. Sad

(2010-12-02, 12:23 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say I know why it happens, but why not copy the code before saving?

good idea, thank you very much. still shouldn't happen though. :p
Right, wouldn't this count as a bug? If so, I'd report it.

http://dev.mybboard.net/

Smile
I have no idea why it happens to be honest, it's only ever happened to me once and I make a lot of template edits.
Its only happened to me if I use codepress. Now I just leave it disabled.
i was editing it in my cpanel file manager, i don't know if that makes a difference...i will report it to the bugs section later today if you all would like. Smile
Pages: 1 2