MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Switching Host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im haveing a little bit of trouble switching host.

things ive done.

edited config.php
edited setting.php
Moved all old files to new FTP
Created a database with old server back.

Helpp

Could i make a whole new forum then upload the back up database so all my members will be on that new forum, i have over 300+ members i dont wanna loose
Error, url, test account??

And, if you're switching your forum, you just need to download the database from the forum and re-upload it.
(2010-12-02, 01:11 AM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Error, url, test account??

And, if you're switching your forum, you just need to download the database from the forum and re-upload it.
Im switching to a new host..
I know, I'm sorry that was worded terribly.
Quote:And, if you're moving just your forum, you just need to download the database from the forum and re-upload it.

There. Smile
Could i make a whole new forum then upload the back up database so all my members will be on that new forum, i have over 300+ members i dont wanna loose
Just download the backup from inside your forum Admincp, then upload it on new host.
i am but im having problems, the web page wont display when i type the url

mybbforum.freecloudhosting.com
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'mybb@vvhitehouse'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
You uploaded your database right? If so, make sure you're using correct username/password in the config file.
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1130 - Host 'www.freehostingcloud.local' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
freehostingcloud.local? That doesn't make sense.
Pages: 1 2 3