MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Archive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm actually thinking of doing it for the next version as its not actually that complicated and would not involve a lot of code.

Just wait and see..

Chris.
Chris Boulton Wrote:I'm actually thinking of doing it for the next version as its not actually that complicated and would not involve a lot of code.

Just wait and see..

Chris.
Sounds good.
You won't have to store things twice either. Basically it's just a very very light template, that's all.
Chris Boulton Wrote:No no no, vBulletin's one is pretty much the same as the IPB one. They're just a stripped down version of the main forums..

I was under then impression that vBulletin's archive system was strictly for the purpose of being spidered easier?

I think that this would be better off as a "mod" or, perhaps, in MyBB 2.0. I just don't think it is necessary now and the time could be better spent developing something more worthwhile.
What about 'lite' instead of the name 'archive' ?

lite version of the board
The archive mode can be seen as a lite mode; the link to it at the bottom of the page also says Lite. Therefore, I don't really see what you mean by your comment?
Pages: 1 2