MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Portfolio of the BrickMaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been working on skins for a little while now, I will admit, I was horrible at the beginning. Since then though I think I have greatly improved. Well here's my current development portfolio, let me know what you think. Big Grin

[Image: screenshot20101202at100.th.png] [Image: screenshot20101202at100.th.png] [Image: screenshot20101202at100.th.png]

Well that's the current theme I'm working on. I have a few others which I'll throw in here later (I really need to get to work right now :p). In my opinion the screenshots don't do it much justice. You can see a live demo at ameribricks.com/forum Then you can see the rollover effects and all that. Smile
Rating it two stars then leaving with no comments or criticism? Niceeee..... At least there are very few members like that here.

If you're going to rate this, at least post what it is you don't like about it. Rolleyes
hmm is this a portfolio? I'm not too sure about how it transmits that idea. I don't honesty like it much, but that's another whole point... will explain if you want but I don't think it's gonna help you (unless you were to make this theme as just another theme and not a portfolio). I think you should think again what your want to tell people with your "portfolio", and design it from that idea.
Oh no, I have others. If you read that last part I had to get to work. Wink I would appreciate comments and criticism instead of just people rating the thread and leaving. That doesn't tell me anything on how to improve. Toungue
Yeah, I understand your feeling Toungue

About this theme: the member panel seems to be at a random location, maybe adding some sort of visible container would make it better, use a good padding and margin on that though. I think the on/off icons are too big. I personally don't like centered logos because there's so much space wasted. The trows gradients give the tables an odd look, I'd try to have both trow gradients to be either from dark to light or light to dark. Another personal thing is that
I can see what you mean about the panel, actually the only reason I had it there was because the navigation menu was having a padding problem in the earlier stages, so I never got around to moving it. The logo can be moved easily, just have to change the div class through the templates. I've tried to make the theme as easy to customize as possible by leaving HTML notes here and there so people know what controls what, and what they need to move to put it somewhere else, etc. as well as putting in some float classes to make things a bit easier to position.

I changed the trows as well so they're all the same. Mind letting me know what you think about them now? Also, what would be a good size for the on/off icons. The ones I have now are... I think 50px * 50px.

Thank you for all the help. Smile
It's nice you're adding comments on the theme, a pretty good idea I've never done Toungue (probably should though).

I usually make my status icons 30*30px or something around that size or smaller.