MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Community Manager for Gaming Forum (Paid)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I own/manage a lot of forums and am looking to get some help with one of them. It's just launched, so not very active yet. I'm calling this a "Community Manager" position instead of an Admin or Mod or paid posting, because I don't want to limit the role, and it will evolve over time as the community grows.

Some things you could do for the site:

Post: that may go without saying, but the forum does need some posting especially if new members join they need to be engaged.
Recruit: if you have experience in starting forums, or have a talent for recruiting members, that would be great.
Articles: whether you write them, or get them from article directories, solicit people to write them, or whatever, the site will look better with new content regularly posted to the home page.
Moderate: is not so bad yet, but spammers are already sniffing around the site, as it gets more popular spammers will do what they do.
Lead: as the community evolves you would lead by example, select new moderators, etc. Sky is the limit with this one.
Other: what would you like to do with the site?

I don't really have any specifications as to how many hours the job should take, or how many posts, or anything else really. Nor do I have a set amount of pay this job should get either. I will say that in as much as this site is a success, I will share the rewards of that with you, but this site isn't be started with profits in mind either.

What I'd like you to do, if you're interested, is pitch me with your vision. I don't even want to mention the site name, it's a great name but it's generic to gaming. It's a blank slate. I do want to keep it clean, and safe for underage kids, but beyond that I want someone with fresh ideas and energy. You tell me what you want to do, and how much you think I should pay you for it.
Link to the site?
i like to know who i'm working with, i don't want a dead end partner.

you said that "I own/manage a lot of forums," so why don't you post some links for us? i would like to see how successful your other sites are.
(2010-12-02, 09:00 PM)~Rs Wrote: [ -> ]i like to know who i'm working with, i don't want a dead end partner.

you said that "I own/manage a lot of forums," so why don't you post some links for us? i would like to see how successful your other sites are.
Yeah, exactly. Also, is there an application forum?
PM'ed you but no reply in 5 hours.
(2010-12-02, 10:09 PM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]PM'ed you but no reply in 5 hours.
Give him at least 24 - 5 hours is nothing.
(2010-12-02, 10:31 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-02, 10:09 PM)itheme Wrote: [ -> ]PM'ed you but no reply in 5 hours.
Give him at least 24 - 5 hours is nothing.

yup, he might not get on until late at night or something Smile
7 hours for school
2 hours for eating (at least)
8 hours for sleep
3 hours for homework
2 hours for irl
=--=
22 Hours/24 Hours

Toungue That's of course, assuming stuff. It could very well differ day-to-day as it does for me.
I'm not sure if any of you are serious, or just playing around. If you are seriously interested, contact me as mentioned in my post. If not, go ahead and keep playing, I don't mind. Wink
i wasn't playing, i was being completely serious. please read my original post:

(2010-12-02, 09:00 PM)~Rs Wrote: [ -> ]i like to know who i'm working with, i don't want a dead end partner.

^ that is 100% legitimate, and i will not contact you until you post the stuff i requested. ^
Pages: 1 2