MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove newthread / newreply buttons [php conditionals]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
my forum setup:

Quote:category 1
- forum 1
- forum 2

category 2
- forum 1
- forum 2
--- subforum a (has it's own usergroup who can post, group a)
--- subforum b (has it's own usergroup who can post, group b)
--- subforum c (has it's own usergroup who can post, group c)
--- etc...

for each of those subforums, i need to know how to use php conditional statements to remove:

- "new thread" button from the forumview
- "new reply" button from the threadview

...so, it would be something along the lines of:

* IF usergroup a in forum a, can post, IF all others groups get screwed basically (LMAO at my example right now)

i know this is possible, i've done it before, with help of course on other bb forums, anybody know what conditional statements and where to put them...?

also, if it is easier (or not possible to remove the buttons), can i kill the link for all other usergroups?

if they don't have permissions to post a reply or new thread, then those buttons won't show up. it's a core feature in mybb i think.

try it with a test account with the permissions not to be able to post. if it is still showing the buttons, please give your url with a screenshot for proof or a send the details of a test account to one of the support team. Smile
You can:

A - Remove their forum from view.

B - remove their permission to post threads/replies.

It's a permission in the desired forum, did you look at all? Undecided
permissions are setup correctly,

have already tried with test accounts,

those buttons are still there, but they are not functional,

they need to be removed with conditional statements,

of that i am sure,

when the buttons are clicked it says "you do not have permission"
What's a problem with that? It's the way Mybb works - no one can do anything, they're just there.
well, thank you for your opinion, but YES there may be a way with template conditionals, i've done it before.

rather than debating with you "why" i want to do it, let's just assume that i want to do it, and if you can't help me, then so be it.
however, if you MUST know why,

it's because, it looks unprofessional for there to be buttons that don't function for most users.

if you can't post a new thread, it would be nice if a button called "new thread" didn't exist. same for new posts.

thanks. Smile
Have you done it before on a Mybb forum? Because, as far a I know it's impossible. This is just the way Mybb works.
(2010-12-02, 11:21 PM)Derek M. Wrote: [ -> ]Have you done it before on a Mybb forum? Because, as far a I know it's impossible. This is just the way Mybb works.

well, i just read a thread on here last night where somebody was using conditionals, so i'm assuming it's possible...
I have a button remover plugin , new thread and new reply buttons are not on it but could be added easily : http://www.mybbextras.com/showthread.php...on+remover
Pages: 1 2