MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RELEASED] Edit History Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Edit History

This is a small, but useful plugin that I've been working on for the past few weeks. Edit History is simply put, an Edit Log. When a post is edited, the original text is saved and can be viewed by moderators or administrators. The post can also be compared to the current post (to see precisely what was changed). The plugin also adds an edit reason to posts (please note edit reason can only be added in full edit mode, not quick edit mode).

Here are some screenshots:

[attachment=20650]
The edit history link on posts. Link only appears to mods that have permission to edit posts, in addition to super mods and admins.

[attachment=20651]
The edit history page. Newest edits are on top.

[attachment=20652]
The comparison page. Text that has been deleted is struck out, text that's been added is underlined. The post as it appears currently is provided on the right.

[attachment=20653]
The Admin edit history page which lists all edits to all posts, newest at top. Also provided is a tool to prune the logs if needed.

The final version of this plugin has been released. You can download it from the Mods site here:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/edit-history-log

Please not this download is a BETA, so it may not be 100% stable and things may be changed if needed.
[attachment=20706]
There is currently one known bug, involving the split post moderator tool (the plugin is suppose to update the tid of edit histories if any posts are split from a thread however the plugin sets the tid to 0. I've been trying to fix it). -Fixed in BETA 2

I'm also open to any suggestions for improvements.
dude, very useful sounding plug-in, i'll wait till the final release though Smile thank you sir.
Wow , that's realy a great idea .it'll be a nice and useful plugin .(i'll test it ) Wink

Thank you so much Smile waiting for the final realease
I activated it and everything, but i don't see (view edit history) and posts are modified.
(2010-12-05, 01:04 AM)JonathanP Wrote: [ -> ]I activated it and everything, but i don't see (view edit history) and posts are modified.

I'm pretty sure I know what's causing this but first I want to rule out other things:
-Does the template postbit_edithistory exist under the Global templates?
-Does the string <!-- edithistory --> exist at the end of the postbit_editedby template?
-Is your account a moderator, super mod, or administrator?

Finally (and what I believe is wrong), are 'edited by' messages disabled?
Ok i disabled it and now it works, thanks.
cool Wink
I prefer only Admin can see history, and Mod/SuperMod only see The Reason.
Is there any override setting for this?

I will try on my big forum..
(2010-12-07, 05:43 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]cool Wink
I prefer only Admin can see history, and Mod/SuperMod only see The Reason.
Is there any override setting for this?

I will try on my big forum..

Currently no, but I'll add a setting into the next beta.
BETA 2 has been released. Here's what's been changed:

-The split post(s) bug has been fixed.
-Edit history now has multi-paging. Number of edit entries per page can be set in the settings.
-'View Edit History' link on posts has been changed. Link is now independent of edited by notice and will still show up if notices are disabled. Link will also not show up if there aren't any edit histories available.
-Edit histories now have permissions. You can choose to show the histories logs to Administrators only, Admins and Super Mods only, or Admins, Super Mods and Local Moderators. You can set permission in settings.

You can download the new BETA in the first post. Big Grin
Not working on MyBB 1.6.1
(2010-12-18, 04:45 AM)Waterfox Wrote: [ -> ]Not working on MyBB 1.6.1

What part isn't working? It's working for me on 1.6.1.
Pages: 1 2 3