MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My status
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi i installed the my status mod http://mods.mybb.com/view/mystatus
however when i go to activate it i get an error
Quote:MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1060 - Duplicate column name 'mystatus'
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD mystatus VARCHAR( 100 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'has no status'
Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

any one know how to fix this?

my forum is www.rabbitretreat.com

thanks
i had the exact same problem.

you need to go into phpmyadmin, find the mybb database, find the table called "users", and find the "mystatus" table and delete it. then activate the plugin and you'll be fine. Smile
In phpmyadmin, browse the mybb_users table, find and delete 'mystatus'. Now you can activate it.
(2010-12-03, 01:02 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]In phpmyadmin, browse the mybb_users table, find and delete 'mystatus'. Now you can activate it.

that's what i said...
(2010-12-03, 01:08 AM)~Rs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-03, 01:02 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]In phpmyadmin, browse the mybb_users table, find and delete 'mystatus'. Now you can activate it.

that's what i said...

Look at the post times. I wasn't aware Mr. Sarky.
(2010-12-03, 01:15 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]

that's what i said...

And then there's also his edit time. Toungue

Haha, on topic though. The solution posted by these guys should work. Let us know how things turn out once you do so. Smile
(2010-12-03, 01:15 AM)iBf Wrote: [ -> ]

that's what i said...

i apologize iBf, i have been in a bad mood tonight. Sad

i hope everything works out for you lil miss, you have a very interesting forum topic, i love animals Smile
thanks guys, i am going to sound like an absolute idiot here, but i get lost so easy in phpmyadmin

iv gone into mybb_users and its just full of all my members, knowing me im probably looking in the wrong place

thank you Rs, great to see a fellow animal lover on here Smile
You're in the data view, you need to be in structure. After clicking on mybb_users, click on the structure tab at the top.

Once there look for the mystatus field and click on the red x on that row.
thank you, knew i was doing something so simple wrong lol

next question, it is now installed and working, but it doesnt show on my postbit, any one know the code to make it show there

also when you update your status it takes you to a blank white page that says thank you for updating your status, how can i change that to take you back to where you were
Pages: 1 2