MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vulpine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whelp, I've been working on this since around Monday and am finally ready to show it off to other people. It's a sexy orange, black and white theme designed for a Web 2.0-y feel. I am happy with it, but could use some C&C before putting it up for sale somewhere.

I designed this primarily in Firefox 4b7, with a couple of basic lookovers in IE8, so I could use some more eyes looking for errors using other browsers.

The only CSS3 features it uses are text-shadow and box-shadow, and it's designed to look nice without them as well.

You can preview the theme here: http://www.fawkessoft.com/index.php?acti...e&style=10

Or purchase it here: http://shopmybb.com/item/vulpine/45
Nice theme + I like your gradients:
The solid color (in the row for Forum & Last Post ) might be too dark. Something closer to 'the lighter side of the gradient' might look better?
Changed .tcat to a lighter orange (and I agree, it looks better), as well as changing the .trow_sep to a lighter gray (though I don't have anywhere that you can see that yet). I also fixed a mistake where links would be the same color as the background in certain situations that only mods and admins can see.
I have a few personal recommendations;

1 - Smaller header text and graphic. I would say about half the height would be better (leave the background full height though).
2 - Work on the footer a bit more. Maybe stick the links into a gray box with some padding?
3 - Add a background to the toplinks.
4 - Add some padding to #panel
5 - Smaller text on the buttons (Edit Post, etc.), and both less drop shadow and bevel/emboss.
6 - Same for the larger buttons (New Thread, etc.), also use a lighter text color.
7 - I'd suggest removing the cellspacing, and just adding a bottom border to the trows (as well as changing them to plain white or something).
8 - Try changing the tcat to a gray gradient.

See if you like any of those changes and I'll check back in a while.
1: I'll try it once I can figure out how to vertically center the thing in a cross-browser way.
2: Eh, I'm not feeling it
3: Also not feeling it
4: I'll try that
5 & 6: I realized after I uploaded it that the text in the buttons (both sizes) was 18px, not 16 like I wanted I'll also try toning down the shadows.
8: I prefer the flat orange, the trow_sep is grey and I don't want too many gradients or it starts to get too busy.

I'll change those when I have an opportunity to.
Love the colors and gradients, nice job! The only thing I had a problem with was the postbit buttons sort of pushing in, I like them jutting out a bit Wink
Yeah, I wasn't 100% happy with that either. I'll probably end up making them like the "big" buttons. I plan on doing the button changes today now that I have the time.
Braglfrglmrarg.

I got those buttons changed. It took this long due to stupid distractions, like cookies. Stupid, distracting, delicious cookies.

I'm still working on the banner, as that's one of the things that's bugging me. I also might redo the logo/footer to use the same background image to improve visual loading times, as with the ads in there there's an obvious time where the footer is empty but the shadow for it is there.

Edit: Made the changes (I'm cheating on the banner though).
Hate to triple post but I am announcing that these are the last 24 hours before I put the polishing touches on the theme and put it up for sale. Most of these polishing touches are going to be optimizing the images and some of the more commonly used templates for size. Basically it will be 24h of last minute suggestions, 24h of polishing and other little things (like a fancy readme), and then I'll package it up and sell it.
Ewww quadruple post, but it's worth it to bring the good news:

Vulpine has been approved and is now available for $10 at ShopMeBB!
Pages: 1 2