MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why don’t plugins automatically install on your forum index?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Why don’t plugins automatically install on your forum? Whenever I install a plugin that has to be reached by the index it does not appear.
Examples:
Newpoints bank, lottery, and shop
Google Search
Page Manager
Portal
Are you sure they even add links to the index?? If they do, it's not out job to make them show up, it's the plugin authors'.
How do I add links to the index? Contrary to most people the admin panel is confusing me.
If it's a link like the Search/Member list one, add it to the header template. ACP > Templates & Style > Templates > **expand template set for your theme** > Header Templates > header. Copy one of the existing toplinks, change the URL, image to show, and text to show.
Explain, you are going way past me. I never had to do this before with SMF. Can you clear that up a bit?
Clear which bit up...??
I don't see anything too taxing in Matt's instructions. I suggest reading up more about how to use the AdminCP on the wiki:
http://wiki.mybb.com
What is toplinks
They are links at the top. Most plugins will insert everything for you; however, some plugins will have trouble dealing with a custom theme. Also keep in mind that if you install a theme after you've installed a plugin, that theme won't be affected by the plugin.
I am mainly talking about new points. I installed it after I had all ready been using my current theme and template.
Pages: 1 2 3