MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My forum is f*cked ( several problems )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, i installed MyCMS from MyBBSource and i ran into a problem straight away.
The javascript on the admin side didn't seem to work anymore, i could use the template editor as the text would just be greyed out and unclickable, if i pressed save, i just saved an empty template so bye template !
I removed MyCMS and the problem still existed, so i reuploaded the entire MyBB 1.6 folder, except for the config in /inc/
Now i ran into another problem, it's complaining about magic quotes.
And the backend still doesn't work !
I hope an admin can help me out here, i could send them FTP/Site Admin info over PM and they could fix it for me.
Best regards, Robin.
Can you give more info on why "it's complaining about magic quotes." ?? What errors are you getting??
An endless list on any page, this is the index:
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /users/venise/www/forum/inc/class_core.php:165) - Line: 1604 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.3.3 (Linux)
File 	Line 	Function
[PHP] 	  	errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 	1604 	header
/inc/class_session.php 	360 	my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 	98 	session->load_guest
/global.php 	55 	session->init
/member.php 	19 	require_once
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /users/venise/www/forum/inc/class_core.php:165) - Line: 1604 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.3.3 (Linux)
File 	Line 	Function
/inc/class_session.php 	365 	my_setcookie
/inc/class_session.php 	98 	session->load_guest
File 	Line 	Function
/inc/class_session.php 	106 	my_setcookie
Ask your host to disable magic quotes, it doesn't work on PHP 5.3.
(2010-12-03, 06:18 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your host to disable magic quotes, it doesn't work on PHP 5.3.

Tried it in .htaccess but it kills it.
Weird is, i didn't had a problem with it 10 minutes ago... and never had.
And it still doesn't solve my other issue.
Is your host not able to turn it off at their end??

PM me forum admin and FTP details...
It now has the cookie problem of endlessly login me in and out of the admin CP.
I find the thread reasonable to say f*ck it, i'm pressing the del key and going with a fresh install, hope that solves the problems.
Keep the thread open though, incase i get a problem afterwards.
No don't install because of that, there's seriously no need, you'll just be wasting your time and losing your forum for nothing.

I don't know why people think reinstalling is the answer to everything, you just lose all your data for no reason.
It didn't had much to start with anyway, so it's not really a loss.
20 posts are easily redone Wink.
Hadn't even promoted it so there was no one except me.
MyCMS did the same thing to me, but once I de-activated codepress, all was fine. IDK why it does that though as I too tried to re-upload the admin directory to no avail.

I might check Nickman's code and see what he actually does with it.