MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: several suggestion (BB-code, Http referals and Rss)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. HTmL BBcode, as in php-code [Image: php.gif]

2. Http referals (like in some cms's) : showing where users got linked from.
should be quite cool.

3. Rss feeds - might be in the portal (?)
NSH Wrote:1. HTmL BBcode, as in php-code [Image: php.gif]
For that, there is [code] tags, I believe.
NSH Wrote:3. Rss feeds - might be in the portal (?)
There are, down there in the bottom menu where it says RSS Syndication.
Belloman Wrote:For that, there is [code] tags, I believe.
Well I don't believe there is Big Grin

Belloman Wrote:There are, down there in the bottom menu where it says RSS Syndication.

This is, as far as I understand, for external use.
The Rss Syndication is for your forums to export.
I'm terribly sorry if you got it wrong from my post.
I meant for Rss News Feed to be imported into the MyBBoard.

Kindly notice the slight diffence between 'Syndication' and 'feeds' Wink
I thought you mean offering RSS feeds Wink So you would want there to be an option for a URL (or maybe multiple ones?) to RSS feeds that you find? That sounds pretty good, hopefully we'll get a RSS import (to forum) feature one day too, as that is similar Smile
im glad you like it, though i'd appreciate it if you gave your opinion on the other 2..
What do you mean by the HTTP Refferals?

And for an HTML code tag, why isn't [code] good for that?
$_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"] shows the page that the user is comming from when they enter the page. Smile The link that is.
CraKteR Wrote:$_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"] shows the page that the user is comming from when they enter the page. Smile The link that is.
Oh... So a question for NSH, what would that be used for, then?
Well could be cool to see which pages people is getting from, like to add each site into the database and increase the counter of that item if it is already in the db, like how many times people have been refered to the forum by an site and so on.
CraKteR Wrote:Well could be cool to see which pages people is getting from, like to add each site into the database and increase the counter of that item if it is already in the db, like how many times people have been refered to the forum by an site and so on.

and to have a little stats like what browsers are used and what operating
systems.... Smile

Belloman Wrote:
CraKteR Wrote:$_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"] shows the page that the user is comming from when they enter the page. Smile The link that is.
Oh... So a question for NSH, what would that be used for, then?

how to use that var?