MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: smf to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am running a forum on smf but now i want to start / transfer it on mybb.

I have purchased new domain name and new hosting package for that.

What are the steps ?

Any Help ?Huh
Download the merger software then follow the steps here:
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Running_the_Merge_System
you can download here:
http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system
if you need any help or would like me to run this send me a pm.

Edit: you will also need a copy of your smf database on the new host in order to convert you can then delete this after a succesful merge.
(2010-12-04, 11:15 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: you will also need a copy of your smf database on the new host in order to convert you can then delete this after a succesful merge.

Incorrect, the Merge System will work across multiple hosts.
(2010-12-06, 07:04 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Incorrect, the Merge System will work across multiple hosts.

Thanks i never actually knew that most converters need them to be on the same server so i assumed mybb was the same.
(2010-12-06, 07:33 PM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-12-06, 07:04 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Incorrect, the Merge System will work across multiple hosts.

Thanks i never actually knew that most converters need them to be on the same server so i assumed mybb was the same.

Most probably do with a little editing. Although the merge system allows it many hosts don't allow DBs to be accessed remotely by default so it would probably be easier to have it on the same server.
(2010-12-07, 06:17 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Although the merge system allows it many hosts don't allow DBs to be accessed remotely by default so it would probably be easier to have it on the same server.

I've yet to encounter a problem going cross host... most hosts I've merged on, such as www.ixwebhosting.com , have separate MySQL servers anyways.