MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ugh...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, we had this dev on MillionCMS. He didn't like it when the Management staff made a decision to ban a program called Dreamweaver as not all our devs have it. Instead of just manning up to the decision and using some other program to code, he started being abusive to the Lead Developer and threatening to leave. Then he said all sorts of nonsense like we banned him, when obviously we didn't. Then he told us "There shouldn't be Management, everyone should be equally called staff like IPB."

1) We're not IPB
2) We can have whatever staff hierarchy we want.

What do you think of this? It means MillionCMS is short of an active developer.

P.S: I'm not trying to start any arguments, just want your opinion on my predicament.
(2010-12-04, 11:41 AM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]...What do you think of this? ...

I used to use Dreamweaver almost every day, now it's more like once a week or less. Dreamweaver is OK for some things, but not vital, IMO.
You will be fine, with or without Mr. Dreamweaver.

On every development team I've been on the only program we used were:
Notepad
Notepad++ (or Geany or something similar for Linux)
Wow, this is why you don't recruit 14 year olds on your team. I joined a development team that was much much younger than me and I ended up regretting it. Sad
Exactly. I'll never be hiring the guy again.

I now need to go find a developer to fill his position now Sad
(2010-12-04, 01:42 PM)TheUnknownOne Wrote: [ -> ]It seemed like one person disagreed though?
Don't you think it is a tad harsh removing him fro the project over a comment?
Thats prob's why he said that rude sentence before...
Well, I'm on the same project and the user in question continued to be rude towards the management even after being warned, I believe.

I'm sorry, but the user called "TheUnknownOne" is actually just a dupe belonging to our demoted team member.
Oh man :O
Only program I use for coding is vim, DreamWeaver makes me lol.
(2010-12-04, 12:21 PM)Kyuubi Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think many people would use Dreamweaver, as it's not cross-user compatible. Smile

The guy who was removed sent this insulting message to me:
Quote:"your one peice of work, some might say your a <censored> jew. Me, I think you much more than that, you strive to be in control of everything. I call you, a jew. Peirod."

Rather rude to be calling a Project Founder that.
Happy Hanukkah Big Grin