MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator Notice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When we see the Moderator Notice message at the top, what are the correct permission settings needed for my mods and super-mods to be able to deals with that? My mods and super-mods can't manage anything in the Moderator Notice right now.

I have tried in the Admin Permissions/Group Permissions, but nothing is working.

Thanks Smile

ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> groupname

Make sure Yes, users of this group can access the moderator CP is ticked.
Yes, its checked.

Yes, users of this group can access the moderator CP
Yes, users of this group can access the admin CP

I also allow acp access because all my staff need to be able to create new account since we are a private community.

Any other ideas what it causing this?
We have a "Moderator Notice: There are 2 unread reported posts" and they can't help with it.
Have you got any plugins to restrict Mod CP access...?? They wouldn't be able to see this message if they didn't have Mod CP access, so if they can see the message, but can't actually access the Mod CP, there must be extra code running.
So they can't do anything in the Mod CP?

In ./inc/init.php, find:
define("TIME_NOW", time()); 

Add after:
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1); 

If it's okay after doing this, it's a plugin, if it still happens, it's something else.
Doing that init.php edit did not help, as you said it a plugin i guess Sad

I can enter the Moderator Notice and see the reported posts, but i still get this message when clicking on a reported post.
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
   2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
   3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
   4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'testing' 

How can i know what plugin?
here are my plugins

[Image: aa1.JPG]

[Image: aa2.JPG]

yAnnnouncement - ProStats - PM Spy - Grouped Subforums .. were added after i knew it was not working, so it's not them.
oh, i have my mods mixed with more then one group.. will this cause it?
(2010-12-04, 05:35 PM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]I can enter the Moderator Notice and see the reported posts, but i still get this message when clicking on a reported post.

Well why didn't you say that before, that's a completely different thing, we thought you meant you couldn't even get to the Mod CP to see the list.

So basically when they click the link to view the actual post that's been reported, then they get the error??
Sorry Mat.. yes, that's correct.

You know, i think things got messed up when i did a fresh install some time ago. Some templates were messed up i had to revert back.

Like this, should it be this way?
[Image: z001.JPG]
It's supposed to have an image in front of it but it's displaying in the right place.
Do you want a test account??
Pages: 1 2